Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Vixcaya VXOP Cask No. 21 Rum - A Must Have!

A few months ago I was in a store over in Maryland surveying the Rum selections when I spied a bottle of this Vizcaya. The bottle itself is very impressive which is what caught my eye first. Had not heard of the brand before - but decided to add it to my collection anyway.

Last month my friend Bob was over to celebrate his 75th birthday so I decided we would give it go. Let me tell you that we thoroughly enjoyed this offering. The coloring is a beautiful golden amber. Aroma excellent with maple, vanilla, brown sugar notes and something else - kinda fruity, but not.

The taste was clean, slightly sweet maple, some raisin maybe, subtle vanilla and fruits, clear finish with a zero bite. I poured two fingers, let it sit for about ten minutes and added two small ice cubes (about one normal size cube)

We finished off over half the bottle. Was at the same store Friday so picked up another bottle as this is a must have for any rum collection. Price point was $44.

Do yourself a favor and give this a go. And if'n you don't like it - send it my way

Ron

RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote