Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-04-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
Hardcz

Default Taboo Limited Reserve Maduro Torpedo

I was gifted a beautiful Taboo Maduro. I've wanted to try this as I have enjoyed the taboo twists as a decent every day smoke while golfing and driving around.

Anyways, I clipped and lit. At first I was puzzled at the strange flavors, not known to the other taboo's I've smoked. Something along the lines of burning twigs with tobacco leaf wrapped around it. I figured it was probably just the lighting...so I'll give it a little to set in. I called up a few botl's and starting talking to them.... Best thing to do when you can't be there in person.

I'm sitting in my garage, smoking this cigar, it's giving a good amount of smoke, it's about medium weight, I cannot nose exhale at all, it burns too much. The flavor is something to be desired, somewhat harsh, hints of pepper and that taste you might get from burning leaves. *wait these are leaves aren't they?*

This cigar really didn't change much from the initial reaction, it left me wanting more with the expectations that I had for it. I did not nub this cigar or I might of been driven to drinking massive quantities of liquor.

It was kept in my humi for roughly two weeks after I received it, humi sits at 66% RH and 68F.

Most likely I had the bad one in the bunch, so I will give it a try if I ever happen upon one, though not really looking to go out and make that purchase just yet.

Hoping to hear back from others who have experienced this cigar and give their input.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Taboo Limited Reserve Maduro Torpedo

I had this cigar and did not enjoy it. It was very one-dimensional and bland.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #3
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Only had one Taboo so far and it was great although it wasnt this kind. Sorry you were dissapointed.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #4
FrequenC
Look Away! I'm Hideous!!

First Name: Alex
Trading: (9)
PL
FrequenC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcz View Post
I was gifted a beautiful Taboo Maduro. I've wanted to try this as I have enjoyed the taboo twists as a decent every day smoke while golfing and driving around.

Anyways, I clipped and lit. At first I was puzzled at the strange flavors, not known to the other taboo's I've smoked. Something along the lines of burning twigs with tobacco leaf wrapped around it. I figured it was probably just the lighting...so I'll give it a little to set in. I called up a few botl's and starting talking to them.... Best thing to do when you can't be there in person.

I'm sitting in my garage, smoking this cigar, it's giving a good amount of smoke, it's about medium weight, I cannot nose exhale at all, it burns too much. The flavor is something to be desired, somewhat harsh, hints of pepper and that taste you might get from burning leaves. *wait these are leaves aren't they?*

This cigar really didn't change much from the initial reaction, it left me wanting more with the expectations that I had for it. I did not nub this cigar or I might of been driven to drinking massive quantities of liquor.

It was kept in my humi for roughly two weeks after I received it, humi sits at 66% RH and 68F.

Most likely I had the bad one in the bunch, so I will give it a try if I ever happen upon one, though not really looking to go out and make that purchase just yet.

Hoping to hear back from others who have experienced this cigar and give their input.

Sorry to hear it wasn't a very good smoke. I personally have never had one but I smoked a Taboo Dominican Maduro last week and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm a noob to this hobby and I was able to pick out espresso and dark chocolate flavors. Very delicious smoke.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
MithShrike

I smoked one of these on Sunday. Mine had good flavor but a bad draw. I think I'll have to order some more of the figurados, the one I had gave me no trouble and held an impressive ash.