Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default 5 Vegas Serie A Apostle

Got in a PIF.

This is a pretty large stick at 7 X 50. A bit of a rough looking dark maduro wrapper with some small to medium sized veins. Nice and firm to the touch but doesn’t feel very heavy in the hand. Clipped cleanly and had a very nice pre-light draw. A bit of sweetness and some earthiness was noticed. I really liked the earthiness as well when I toasted the foot.

It lit easily and quickly produced great amounts of smoke. The draw was perfect. I was surprised in the first third that there wasn’t a whole lot of any kind of flavor. It did burn nice and evenly with a darker gray ash. The ash held for about and inch and a half.

As I got into the second third some subtle coffee and hay flavors did appear and what I noticed most was just the mellow character of the smoke.

As it moved into the final third the mellowness continued and the flavor profile was basically the same but with some added sweetness. I also noticed a pretty good vitamin N kick which was not expected. The ash held again for about an inch and a half. The cigar finished nicely with no noticeable changes. The burn was clean throughout. I was shocked to realize the total burn time was only about 50 minutes. With the draw and size I would have guessed more like an hour and fifteen minutes at least.

I would give it a 3 out of 5. Certainly one I would smoke again, but I won’t be craving it.
Smokin Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 5 Vegas Serie A Apostle

Serie A is one of my go to. Cheap, yet tasty maduro smoke.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I have really liked the ones I have smoked so far. I have a few in the humi.

Thanks for the review.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Apex box pressed is my favorite!!!

Yummy!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the review Brent. I have a couple of the robusto's and a toro sitting in the humi, and have really enjoyed these sticks

Old 10-31-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
dccraft

These are always a very tasty stick for me. Love the maduros
Old 11-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
Biglizard1
LLG turned CAI

First Name: David
Trading: (8)
Montecristo
Biglizard1 is on a distinguished road

I've enjoyed these as well in the Archetype!
Biglizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote