Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #641
73mountaineer
West-by-God-Virginian

First Name: Steve
Trading: (0)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
73mountaineer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Steelers fans check in...

Born and raised a Steeler fan here, grew up about an hour south of the 'Burgh, straight down I-79.

Here we go, Steelers, here we go!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #642
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Great game versus the Cards yesterday! Would have liked to see more from the running game but I remember the days when we wouldn't have a 100 yard rusher and would lose all the time. At least that stat is long gone. I must say though as much as I love the passing game (especially with stud Mike Wallace) I yearn for the days of Bettis up the middle and a cloud of dust in his wake...

Oh well, a win is a win is a win as they say! The true tests of where this team really is will be upon us the next few weeks! The Pats and then the Ravens back to back weeks. Time to see what we're made of boys!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #643
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (6)
SLR Army (Served With Honor)
Mikey202 will become famous soon enoughMikey202 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
Great game versus the Cards yesterday! Would have liked to see more from the running game but I remember the days when we wouldn't have a 100 yard rusher and would lose all the time. At least that stat is long gone. I must say though as much as I love the passing game (especially with stud Mike Wallace) I yearn for the days of Bettis up the middle and a cloud of dust in his wake...

Oh well, a win is a win is a win as they say! The true tests of where this team really is will be upon us the next few weeks! The Pats and then the Ravens back to back weeks. Time to see what we're made of boys!
Redman is the next Bettis. Need 2 yards...he'll get you 5.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #644
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Huge game upcoming for Steeler Nation against the dreaded Patriots!!! I am going to get seriously geared up for this one!!! I am tired of the domination b*tch boy Brady has had on us! We will see just were this team is tomorrow! Here we go Steelers here we go!!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this happen tomorrow...

Old 10-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #645
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Squealers will lose by 10,Brady just might pass for 400 yards
Old 10-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #646
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Steelers odds tomorrow. I feel way better about this one than I did last year even though our D is so nicked up. I'm really starting to believe in the quality of this pass-happy gameplan, even if I don't like it much. I'm just used to the STeelers coming to town, beating you half to death, and running the ball over the pile of broken bodies.
I think our offense can do more damage to their non-existant defense than their offense can do to our nicked up D.
I think we can neutralize their monster tight ends pretty well. I think Brady will try to force the ball over the middle and I look for a few interceptions that are long overdue. The takeaways should make the difference if we can hold down the center of the field.
At least that's how I see it.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #647
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Squealers will lose by 10,Brady just might pass for 400 yards
I am as die hard a Steelers fan as they come and I will say that we are due for a win against the Pats! I respect them so much because of what they have done to us in the past. I am being cautiously optimistic! Should be one helluva good game!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #648
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this happen tomorrow...

Wow. What a ***** move hoping for a guy to get hurt. Its obvious you never have had any sport injury in your life.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #649
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I like the Steelers odds tomorrow. I feel way better about this one than I did last year even though our D is so nicked up. I'm really starting to believe in the quality of this pass-happy gameplan, even if I don't like it much. I'm just used to the STeelers coming to town, beating you half to death, and running the ball over the pile of broken bodies.
I think our offense can do more damage to their non-existant defense than their offense can do to our nicked up D.
I think we can neutralize their monster tight ends pretty well. I think Brady will try to force the ball over the middle and I look for a few interceptions that are long overdue. The takeaways should make the difference if we can hold down the center of the field.
At least that's how I see it.
I like your breakdown and agree that this might actually be a shootout, something that just normally doesn't happen with the Steelers but your right about their "D." I can see a 41-35 type of score happening with passing yards by both teams getting rediculous. If we get our run game going too it will be all over for Brady and the Pats!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #650
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Wow. What a ***** move hoping for a guy to get hurt. Its obvious you never have had any sport injury in your life.
I wish for no one to get hurt, just hate the way that Brady always destroys us. Perhaps the pic was a bit much to relate my feelings of him. I am just a passionate fan and he is one helluva QB. I played some high school ball but never had an injury so I have no idea what it's like. Sorry if my passion for the game has miscontrused your judement of my character...
Old 10-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #651
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wish for no one to get hurt, just hate the way that Brady always destroys us. Perhaps the pic was a bit much to relate my feelings of him. I am just a passionate fan and he is one helluva QB. I played some high school ball but never had an injury so I have no idea what it's like. Sorry if my passion for the game has miscontrused your judement of my character...
I understand being a passionate fan, but wishing a severe injury on someone is just misplaced anger. "I hope Tom Brady has a crappy day because he is thinking about his super-model wife all day" is a lot different than, " I hope Brady gets his knee blown out because I don't want him to beat the Steelers ass." Its kind of like hoping a boss will have a heart attack so you won't have to deal with them.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #652
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I understand being a passionate fan, but wishing a severe injury on someone is just misplaced anger. "I hope Tom Brady has a crappy day because he is thinking about his super-model wife all day" is a lot different than, " I hope Brady gets his knee blown out because I don't want him to beat the Steelers ass." Its kind of like hoping a boss will have a heart attack so you won't have to deal with them.
I don't think anyone took it literally, Larry, except maybe you. I certainly didn't take the picture as wishing Brady a serious injury, I took it as him getting his ass knocked out. I wouldn't mind seeing that a bit, and I'm a big fan of Tom Brady. He's a hell of a ball player. Senseless and on the bench is right where I'd like him.
I'm not sure why you'd bring his wife into this, you probably hurt Tom's feelings.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #653
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (6)
SLR Army (Served With Honor)
Mikey202 will become famous soon enoughMikey202 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
If your boss is a dickhead then....meh.

Don't want anyone to get hurt. Brady is one of the best Qb's ever. But he is also one of the biggest crybaby's out there.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #654
proguy747
Hey hurry up!

First Name: Marc
Trading: (1)
proguy747 is on a distinguished road

Agree with Brady being a huge crybaby. He was that neighborhood kid that would quit the game when he was being manhandled, but you needed him to make the teams even.

On to the game which should be a great one.
proguy747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #655
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Hines Ward is out today with his ankle. He's going to be sorely missed. I don't think he'd get a lot of targets but he throws a nice block and ties up short coverage and that gets Heath open. It's definately gonna hurt our short yardage passing game and that takes points off the board.
I'm not as confident as I was yesterday, all of a sudden. I still think our team outweighs theirs and I haven't looked at New England's injuries.
We can't get the game on cable or antenna today, so we'll be watching at Ruby Tuesdays. I think the Steelers are 7-1 when we go to Ruby Tuesdays, so that's a strong advantage right there.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #656
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Nice win congratulations.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #657
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Amazing game.
It played out almost exactly how I thought it would, except I really thought the boys in black and gold would put enough points up to make Brady throw down the middle more, giving Troy a chance for a couple easy picks.
I'm absolutely thrilled with how they dominated the Pats on both sides of the ball.

I'm not sure if the Steelers organization planned it this way, but they've really changed everything they need to change to play straight-up with Green Bay on Green Bay's terms. If those two teams hit the field right now, I think the Steelers would beat them 8 times out of 10.
I think another trophy would look good in Pittsburgh, too.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 AM   #658
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Incredible game! It was great to see the Steelers throw the ball consistently on first down. Also great to have the same O Line for two games in a row. Great win!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:41 AM   #659
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

Felt great to enjoy some vindication against the Pats! I was almost in disbelief all the way through at how well we were executing against them. It litterly looked like we stole a page from the Pats playbook with our passing game. Besides the 1 pick Ben threw he looked as sharp and confident as I have ever seen him! That was one great game yesterday!

Onto Baltimore, let's just hope that we can continue the tenasisty and aggressiveness against the Ravens and put up another HUGE "W"
Old 10-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #660
proguy747
Hey hurry up!

First Name: Marc
Trading: (1)
proguy747 is on a distinguished road

Ben needs to clean up that pick but a great showing for the Steelers. I have a feeling it will be the Jets and Steelers again for the AFC Championship.