Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #241
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I am enjoying my membership. Pete is giving us a heads up on what is coming down the pike, new cigars, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Yeah, there are alot of them scheduled for this year.

http://thecigarfeed.com/2011CigarReleases
Quote:
Yep. There sure are a lot of them coming out. I love it
Man, I am glad I spent $150 to find out about new releases that are posted on public websites.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #242
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Man, I am glad I spent $150 to find out about new releases that are posted on public websites.
Yeah, I am sure those websites know about the ones Pete just mentioned on S&S
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #243
muhren
The Cigar Artist

First Name: Mike
Trading: (43)
Punch
muhren has a spectacular aura aboutmuhren has a spectacular aura about

Next food for thought on this club...analogy style!

To take it into the golf world...

Is this like a country club mentality type thing?

Meaning...those that joined feel great while they're there (get hard to find cigars), and others want to play (who doesn't want to try a nice HTF cigar?) but can't afford it, OR chose that it's not worth the money to join when a nice public course is available just up the street (regular production smokes). But, if someone invited them onto the course (in this case shared HTF cigars) they certainly wouldn't say no to them.

A buddy of mine was courted to join a country club, and he was telling me some numbers...CRAZY out of my league, but he's a CFO...so, not out of his. But, if he joined and asked me to play. I'm in!

Long thought shortened - If I was invited to a country club to play the course, darn right I'm playing! So, in this S&S case...if offered some of the elusive 15, who would turn them down?

Anyway...thoughts on the comparison? While we're at it...any country club members wanna chime in with why it's better than public course play?

M

Last edited by muhren; 06-02-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typos
muhren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #244
jayro75
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
jayro75 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhren View Post

Meaning...those that joined feel great while they're there (get hard to fund cigars), and others want to play (who doesn't want to try a nice cigar) but can't afford it, OR chose that it's worth the money to join when a nice public course is available just up the street (regular production smokes). But, if someone invited them onto the course (in this case shared HTF cigars) they certainly wouldn't say no to them.

Long thought shortened - If I was invited to a country club to play the course, darn right I'm playing! So, in this S&S case...if offered some of the elusive 15, who would turn them down?

I'm just curious if this is at all the same. A buddy of mine was courted to join a country club, and he was telling me some numbers...CRAZY out of my league, but he's a CFO...so, not out of his.

Anyway...thoughts on the comparison?

M
The reason it's not is that $150 to join S&S isn't alot of money (to me at least) but joining a Tat fan club, getting the 15 sticks and inside info from Pete isn't worth it ( to me at least).

Then again maybe it is because if you can afford the country club but don't play golf it's not worth joining either.

Hmmmmmmm
jayro75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #245
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

I worked at a country club for a while as a young buck. My views wouldn't probably align. Other than that, I will tactfully refrain.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #246
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yeah, I am sure those websites know about the ones Pete just mentioned on S&S
Maybe S&S members cut and paste them on public sites as soon as Pete posts on S&S?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #247
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Maybe S&S members cut and paste them on public sites as soon as Pete posts on S&S?
What? You mean some might post the list publicly to say "Look at Me and what I know!" Pshaw! You silly hog!
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #248
xlc12rf
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jay
Trading: (3)
xlc12rf is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Meaning...those that joined feel great while they're there (get hard to find cigars), and others want to play (who doesn't want to try a nice HTF cigar?) but can't afford it, OR chose that it's not worth the money to join when a nice public course is available just up the street (regular production smokes). But, if someone invited them onto the course (in this case shared HTF cigars) they certainly wouldn't say no to them.

A buddy of mine was courted to join a country club, and he was telling me some numbers...CRAZY out of my league, but he's a CFO...so, not out of his. But, if he joined and asked me to play. I'm in!

Anyway...thoughts on the comparison? While we're at it...any country club members wanna chime in with why it's better than public course play?

M
This is actually the exact comparison I was thinking about.

I guess I just don't play enough golf.
xlc12rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #249
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
No, they are ultra exclusive. The public shall never know and any of Pete's minions who are found to be sharing the super secret information, club hand shake or any of the 'hard to find/test blend' cigars, will be swiftly extradicted to a remote planet and forced to smoke Cremosas and Cohibos for the rest of their days.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #250
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Quote:

M

Let me preface by saying that I did join the S&S club will I renew who know but most likely I will .

From what you're saying we get to "pop our collars" because were in a club? . Please understand no disrespect to you or the S&S club and members. The way I see the club, it's just something that's there. Hell I am sure all of us would make donations to CA if and when the time comes. And that's all I see it as, a donation to a website to something that I enjoy!

Are we as members getting something extra out of the deal, sure but it's really nothing more than what's really offered at other websites. There are some onetime deals out there but just like the WTB section out of any forum it's a fist come first serve. It's not like their offering the HTF to strictly members (I may be wrong) or members get the first shot at them, but regardless it's still a first come first served.

Again no disrespect meant to Pete Johnson, S&S club and it's members but that's just how I feel.

I don't know it's early and my eyes aren't focusing right so I hope I made sense and didn't offend any one

Last edited by bonjing; 06-03-2011 at 09:59 AM.
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #251
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
I'll buy the original Brown label line all day long. I did the special release thing with Tats in the beginning. Then I smoked them and realized I liked the Brown's much better than anything else produced, especially the limited release stuff. Plus, since they are made in the ERdLH factory, the quality is unlikely to change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
I'd much rather find solid smokes that I'll be able to get my hands on a year from now.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll grab some limited releases if they're right there in front of me, but I'm giving up on going crazy for something I buy and hold onto because I know what I have is all I'll probably ever smoke.

I'll rip brown label Tats all day and die a happy man.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #252
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
No, they are ultra exclusive. The public shall never know and any of Pete's minions who are found to be sharing the super secret information, club hand shake or any of the 'hard to find/test blend' cigars, will be swiftly extradicted to a remote planet and forced to smoke Cremosas and Cohibos for the rest of their days.
Wow. You sure are a treat....
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #253
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Reds win, Dan!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #254
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Hell I am sure all of us would make donations to CA if and when the time comes.

You'll never have to

LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #255
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
You'll never have to

But would it get me some LE cigars if I did?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #256
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I was going to join simply for the sticks but I have since changed my mind. I love me some Tats but the sheer vagueness on the sign up page on what sticks you got kind of irked me. I sent Pete a message on Facebook asking if sticks were even included and he did say that is what the box was on the page and it included 15 sticks but still no mention as to what they would be. For all I knew the rest of the crap would be stuffed in that box so I thought I should ask. I know others said he mentioned what would be included as far as sticks on some boards but I thought it would be kind of beneficial to include that on the e-mails or at least the sign up page which kind of has me thinking that everyone may get something different depending on what they have on hand or maybe need to get rid of. 15 Tats for $150 is not bad but I would also like to know exactly what I am getting for my money too and the fact that he was so vague about it just kind of have the attitude of "Well F you than." I would rather take that $150 and buy what I like rather than a mystery box.(I've never been one for surprises, just ask my wife ) Again, I do like Tats but it was just the lack of information that bothered me when parting with my money. I guess I can live without my Members Only jacket.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #257
thegoldenmackid
Just in from the Storm

thegoldenmackid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I suspect at some point (in the nearish future) there will be exclusive stuff posted on there. But as of now, most of the other stuff is in the public knowledge.

It will be interesting to see:
A. How active Pete stays.
B. How active the forum stays.

The idea is interesting and has worked wonders for Fuente, but it takes a combo of members and the brand owners to partake; particularly when you are charging people.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #258
jayro75
Just in from the Storm

jayro75 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenmackid View Post
I suspect at some point (in the nearish future) there will be exclusive stuff posted on there. But as of now, most of the other stuff is in the public knowledge.

It will be interesting to see:
A. How active Pete stays.
B. How active the forum stays.

The idea is interesting and has worked wonders for Fuente, but it takes a combo of members and the brand owners to partake; particularly when you are charging people.
Fuente's forum is free...
jayro75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #259
muhren
The Cigar Artist

First Name: Mike
Trading: (43)
Punch
muhren has a spectacular aura aboutmuhren has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenmackid View Post
particularly when you are charging people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayro75 View Post
Fuente's forum is free...
He referenced that caveat.

M
Old 06-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #260
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
If getting a personal Facebook message from Pete is worth your $150, great for you. The 'exclusivity' of this club is little more than hype at this point. You get to find out about new 'blends' about 30 minutes sooner than the regular public and get to sample 'test' blends which could be floor sweepings. Well worth it.