Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about
Default God of Fire Don Carlos 2008

Hey all! I'm sure some of you seasoned cigar veterans have already tried this cigar, but I'm going to share my experience anyway! (In a bit shorter format than my last review...) Hope you enjoy!

Name: God of Fire, Don Carlos 2008
Size: Toro (6.0" x 50)
Appearance/Prelight: Very thin veins, light brown wrapper, great construction, very light sweet smell, good draw, light honey flavor
First third: Somewhat surprising, I would put it in the medium (at most) body range (definitely expecting a powerhouse). Hay, grass, earth, dirt notes. Spice aftertaste, with hints of sweetness and honey. Great amounts of smoke. Firm white ash, with a very straight burn. So far, a solid smoke.
Second Third: Definitely picked up strength now! The old flavors are still present, but amplified. I can pick up notes of leather and coffee now. Ashed after about two inches. Definitely better than the first third!
Last Third: Great, strong end! Definitely strong coffee, spice, and earth flavors. Ashed for the second, and last time. I was definitely sad when it reached the end...
Smoking Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Conclusion: Great ash, burn, and smoke! I have to admit, I was a bit nervous during the first few puffs. But it picked up strength and flavor quickly. Exceptionally smooth and enjoyable. The complexity of the flavor profile was certainly present throughout the entire cigar. I loved this cigar! The only thing keeping me from getting a box is their relatively expensive price tag (About $210 for 10 cigars)! Maybe Christmas... I would definitely suggest this cigar to anyone! If you get the chance to smoke one, or buy them relatively cheap, don't pass up the opportunity. This isn't just an overrated cigar with a big price tag. The Fuente quality that you would expect is absolutely there!
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote