Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #361
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Official Asylum Reef Tank Thread

Well my Actinics kicked on so here was the best picture I could get. This in no way has been edited.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #362
darb85

Coral Beauty went in today.

that and a tiny cinnimon clown. Like really tiny. He was in a tank with a lion and cowering in the corner, so I had to save him! hes about 1/2 of an inch. Neat little fish. Got him for free.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #363
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Sweet! Mind you he will be aggressive when he gets older. But both are great fish the CB is very pretty!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #364
darb85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Sweet! Mind you he will be aggressive when he gets older. But both are great fish the CB is very pretty!
ya, Ill probably put him in my fish only when hes a bit bigger. Thinking about getting him a partner thoug
Old 02-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #365
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Cool. I would Do the criter cage thing Carlos was tlaking about. Cinamon clowns sometimes are aggressive twards each other.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #366
darb85

Quote:
Cool. I would Do the criter cage thing Carlos was tlaking about. Cinamon clowns sometimes are aggressive twards each other.
good to know, if I can find one, local place never gets them in..
Old 02-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #367
BC-Axeman

My little dottyback that I thought disappeared is starting to come out at feeding time. I'm having to overfeed the whole tank just to make sure it gets enough to eat. This type of fish is supposed to get aggressive but it is too small for now. Woe be it to the other fish when it gets bigger. By then, though, they will be used to one another.
I got one of those back up air pumps and I took a thick walled gray PVC pipe about 1 1/4" dia and cut it just a little shorter than the height of my tank. I drilled two 1/2' holes about a quarter way in from both ends in the side of the pipe. I propped this pipe in the corner next to the overflow with the airstone hanging half way inside the pipe so that when the air turns on it creates a current in the pipe. This keeps the light off of the airstone so the algae will not grow on it. I think it would be clogged in two weeks if it were not dark.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #368
darb85

oh and just puttin it out there, Im starting a fish only with LR. 110 Gallon Tank I got for free. Gonna run a 2 light T5, Sugar sand of somesort. Canister filter, 20 Gallon sump(gonna need some help here, never done one) Skimmer, 3 Korila 3s. just a little live rock, probably just some base rock.

Im gonna put in a lion fish, a Piccasso trigger(maybe) and a sailfin Tang. Maybe one other fish, but not really sure.

anything else you think I need?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #369
BC-Axeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb85 View Post
oh and just puttin it out there, Im starting a fish only with LR. 110 Gallon Tank I got for free. Gonna run a 2 light T5, Sugar sand of somesort. Canister filter, 20 Gallon sump(gonna need some help here, never done one) Skimmer, 3 Korila 3s. just a little live rock, probably just some base rock.

Im gonna put in a lion fish, a Piccasso trigger(maybe) and a sailfin Tang. Maybe one other fish, but not really sure.

anything else you think I need?
What do you need help with on the sump? Overflow into it and pump back to the tank through the filter? Or separate loops?
I would light the sump and fill it with live rock.
Is't a picasso a humuhumunukunukuapoa'a? Don''t they eat everything? Even fingertips? They are beautiful.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #370
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Two of my Banghai Cardinals kacked. My awesome green coral didn't survive the tank leak, either.
On a positive note, after the leak fix my tank looks totally awesome. I gotta get new pics up.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #371
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

Bangaii cardinal fish are notoriously hard to keep if they are wild caught. If you can find some tank raised ones, you'll be much better off. Wish I was still breeding them, I'd send you some
fissure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #372
darb85

Devils hand. Bought this, it was about 1/2 this size. You can also see my new Blastomussa

Blastomussa

Zoas, was half this size when I bought it too, taking off gang busters

New Yellowheaded Sleeper Goby

1/2 inch or less Cinnimon Clown
Old 02-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #373
darb85

whole tank

Enjoy!
Old 02-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #374
shaggy
just pokin around.....

Trading: (4)
Bolivar
shaggy will become famous soon enough

looks great darb.....wonderful to see the tank come along from start to where it is now
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #375
darb85

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
looks great darb.....wonderful to see the tank come along from start to where it is now
thanks!

Lots of Green Coraline algae too, lots. its pretty cool. decent amount of purple.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #376
darb85

lost my cinnamon clown He went into the overflow and didnt know he was in there, got pulled through the pump, saw him coming out of the output

I feel like im gonna cry over a damn fish. But he was my favorite. he was just so little and cute. gah, need to get a splash guard of some type i guess. poor little dude
Old 02-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #377
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not, I blew another seam on my tank.
This time I'm gonna empty it completely and redo all the seams. I'm tired of flooding the living room. It's getting old real fast.
On a postive note, it'll be nice to not have to worry about it again for another 20 years or so.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #378
darb85

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Believe it or not, I blew another seam on my tank.
This time I'm gonna empty it completely and redo all the seams. I'm tired of flooding the living room. It's getting old real fast.
On a postive note, it'll be nice to not have to worry about it again for another 20 years or so.
thats scary...
Old 02-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #379
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Scott. When Seams start to blow It may be time to look for a new tank. Save yourself the heartache of waking up to a completely flooded room and fish on the floor.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #380
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Scott. When Seams start to blow It may be time to look for a new tank. Save yourself the heartache of waking up to a completely flooded room and fish on the floor.
I was thinking that, but I'll never find another corner 35 like it.
I've fixed seams twice, and those that I fixed are still choice.
I just need to do the whole thing and do it right.
I'd rather have nice thick seams I've done than the factory seams, anyways.
Maybe I'll smash it while I'm fixing it and that'll solve the problem altogether.