Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough
Default 5 Vegas 'A' Anamoly

One word: WOW !

I was totally not prepared for the powerhouse smoke this turned out to be. I will not be able to do this cigar justice in my review, as the tons of flavor it gave was well beyond my limited smoking experience.

It's a very small cigar that is beautiful in color and perfect in construction. Pre-light draw was nice and smooth. It comes wrapped in a cedar sleeve which I removed before taking pictures.

Right off the bat there is tons of strong earthy flavor, along with a nice cedar mixed in with it. I was blown away and my taste buds were jumping for joy. I never imagined this little cigar would be so complex, and give off tons of smoke.

As it moved along, the flavors became more intense ! Not overpowering, but strong enough to make you feel like a man. A nice easy draw had tons of smoke on exhale. I can't begin to explain the flavors that I got from a nasal exhale, but my nostrils were just lit up with amazing sensations.

As it neared the end I did not want it to end. I even went looking for a pair of pliers so I could keep smoking till the nub ! My only complaint is that it only lasted about 40 minutes. Flavors remained all the way, and it never got bitter. This is my new favorite smoke. I wish I was a bit more versed in cigar flavors so I could give this cigar the review it truly deserves.