Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #201
newlifetaxidermy

Default Re: Pete Johnson goes Vampire!

I thought MSRP was Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price
Old 10-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #202
Slavac

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlifetaxidermy View Post
I thought MSRP was Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price
Doh, fixed. Too much moot court :/
Old 10-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #203
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

I hear next year Pete will be taking a page from the Scotty Cameron school of marketing. Limited Edition "mummy wrapping" cello, numbered 1-1000, with an MSRP of $40.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #204
Guitarman-S.T-
"ESP+ENGL&amp ;qu ot;-Brutal

First Name: S.T
Trading: (11)
SCdlH
Guitarman-S.T- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
I hear next year Pete will be taking a page from the Scotty Cameron school of marketing. Limited Edition "mummy wrapping" cello, numbered 1-1000, with an MSRP of $40.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hahaha wow, I wouldnt expect any different
The guy has some cash to throw around, to say the least after all this L.E's... Hell, the Whole BRAND should be limited editions, so i can refuse buying ANY in the future
-Only by doing so giving you guys more of course
Old 10-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #205
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
Bro, this is totally after-the-fact....

and if you still persist... then answer me three questions...

1. Do you agree with Pete's allowance of shop owners/workers to win the ducati because they opened all the boxes prior?

2. Do you agree with Pete's allowance of the Local B&M's allowance to sell them online and ruin, RUIN the excitement of the "locallized" luckiness of having a nearby B&M that got the first initial shipment?

3. Do you agree with Pete's allowance/tolerance for B&M's charging more than the afforementioned 13.00 per-stick pricetag that was publicly announced before theyshipped?

I don't own Tatuaje, so i cannot control these things, I don't own one of the shops that sells them so I cannot control those things as well.

But what I can control is my continuation of purchasing a product that lacks integrity and class.... And I don't associate with those people...

......unless I'm in Vegas
Bro your talking to the wrong person. I enjoy LE... I pretty much go after any LE item that falls into my hobby that I can. I go out of my way to buy LE and C&R guns because it's stuff that few other people have.

The only reason I have an issue with B&M being eligible for the Ducati is because it means they will open up all the boxes. Should I plan on collecting them it diminishes the value to have the seal on the box already broken. I've already spoken to my B&M and requested a sealed box and had no problem getting him to agree to that.

For you to call someone classless and say they lack integrity because they are able to create a hype about their product and whine because you can't find a box is not only childish but pretty ignorant.

As for the MSRP, every product in the world has an MSRP and it's just that a "suggest price." Doesn't mean it has to be sold at that price. Hell many factors come in to play. A B&M in NY has a much higher tax and much higher rent than a B&M in FL so they have to charge more.

You pay to play, it's that simple. Stop whining. If you don't want it don't buy it. If you do then do the leg work find a box and pay the price.

Funny how people look at cigars differently than they do every other product out there. I don't see anyone on the board complaining about LE cars, guns, guitars, or any other LE product. Ask any musician on this board who collects an instrument what they would do for a LE. Ask a surfer who collects boards what he would do for a LE board. People collect thing and LE makes the collector enjoy the hobby. If you don't like it buy the regular production stuff and stop whining.

This is ridiculous!!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #206
Hendy
Running with Scissors

First Name: Scott
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Hendy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
Bro your talking to the wrong person. I enjoy LE... I pretty much go after any LE item that falls into my hobby that I can. I go out of my way to buy LE and C&R guns because it's stuff that few other people have.

The only reason I have an issue with B&M being eligible for the Ducati is because it means they will open up all the boxes. Should I plan on collecting them it diminishes the value to have the seal on the box already broken. I've already spoken to my B&M and requested a sealed box and had no problem getting him to agree to that.

For you to call someone classless and say they lack integrity because they are able to create a hype about their product and whine because you can't find a box is not only childish but pretty ignorant.

As for the MSRP, every product in the world has an MSRP and it's just that a "suggest price." Doesn't mean it has to be sold at that price. Hell many factors come in to play. A B&M in NY has a much higher tax and much higher rent than a B&M in FL so they have to charge more.

You pay to play, it's that simple. Stop whining. If you don't want it don't buy it. If you do then do the leg work find a box and pay the price.

Funny how people look at cigars differently than they do every other product out there. I don't see anyone on the board complaining about LE cars, guns, guitars, or any other LE product. Ask any musician on this board who collects an instrument what they would do for a LE. Ask a surfer who collects boards what he would do for a LE board. People collect thing and LE makes the collector enjoy the hobby. If you don't like it buy the regular production stuff and stop whining.

This is ridiculous!!
I have to agree with you bro. I was pretty scorned when I could not get a box. And I know Pete personally. But, at the end of the day, LE's in any form are what they are. It's up to you if you want them or not. Price becomes mute at that point.
Hendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #207
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

This is ridiculous!!
what?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #208
LockOut
Burn Baby Burn

First Name: Tom
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
LockOut will become famous soon enough

Corona Cigar bar in orlando just called me. no boxes but willing to sell 2 dracs and 2 borris at direct MSRP. Props to them for not screwing me (no monster samplers hurray) and being fair since they only got 5 boxes of each.
IAFF Local #4907
LockOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #209
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
what?
Thank you for proving my point.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #210
coastietech

Now this I do have an issue with. Basically forcing a customer to buy something they may not want to get a "chance" to get something that they want is coniving. I used to go to this B&M, trust me when I say they won't be seeing any of my money again.

Quote:
Due to the overwhelming demand for the Tatuaje Monster Series cigars we want to be fair to all of our good patrons who order from us.
During Smoke Inn's Tatuaje Event we will allocate the Monster Series cigars by giving out raffle tickets to patrons who take advantage of the following deals we will offer during the day of the event to have an opportunity to purchase a box of the Monster Series cigars.

Buy Tatuaje Brown Label, Red Label, Cabaiguan, Cabaiguan Maduro, Ambos Mubos, La Riqueza during the event and receive the following:
Buy 1 Box of Tatuaje Brand Cigars: Get a Tatuaje Hat, Lapel Pin, Patch, Tatuaje Buzz Cutter and a 3 Pack of Tatuaje Black cigars plus 5 raffle tickets. Over $100 in FREE Goods!
Buy 2 Boxes of Tatuaje Brand Cigars: Receive all of the above free goods plus a Tatuaje Pimp Hammer and an additional 3 Pack of Tatuaje Black cigars plus 12 raffle tickets. Over $165 in FREE Goods!
Buy 3 Boxes of Tatuaje Brand Cigars: Receive all of the above free goods plus a third 3 Pack of Tatuaje Black cigars, plus 3 Pack Tatuaje Sampler which includes a pre-release of La Verite (Pete's newest release available Spring 2010) plus 30 raffle tickets. Over $235 in FREE Goods.
All promotions will be good on Friday October 30th ONLY beginning at 10 AM. Call us toll free or visit us online.
Drawing will be held at 9:45 PM and 20 winners will be selected. If you do not wish to buy a box of Monster Series cigars, we will then offer it to the next person. Winner need not be present to win.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #211
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Now this I do have an issue with. Basically forcing a customer to buy something they may not want to get a "chance" to get something that they want is coniving. I used to go to this B&M, trust me when I say they won't be seeing any of my money again.
LOL, a raffle for the chance to buy something. Gee thanks!!!
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #212
KDKLOSS
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Active)
KDKLOSS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKLOSS View Post
At least you got the message. I gave them my email address and they never emailed me. That's ok because there are so many more cigars on my want to have list that missing out on these isn't even going to be a dissapointment. I might not shop at Holts for a while though. I've averaged one or two boxes from them for the past 4 or 5 months though so it's their loss not mine.
I will gladly eat my words on my previous post.

I did get an email from Holts. They explained they would sell 3 singles per customer and anyone wanting a box had to come in and talk to the manager. I called the manager and explained I was recently in the store for a Rocky Patel event with my supervisor. We went right from work in uniform and the manager said he remembered us. He also remembered that I was there last week looking for the new San Cristobal Seleccion Del Sol and they were not in yet.

To make a long story short I explained that both my supervisor and I would like to split a box of the Dracs and that I would also pick up the box that I originally went looking for last week.
When I walked in the manager called me by my first name which about floored me because I didn't expect to be a known customer. I guess purchasing about 10 boxes of cigars from them over the last 4 months left an impression but never the less I was still surprised. Not only did I get the box of Dracs, I picked up 4 of the Boris(two singles for each of us) and the box of San Cristobal Seleccion Del Sol that I wanted in the first place.
The Dracs were selling for 13 per single. While doing the math we noticed it didn't add up so upon studying the receipt we noticed they gave us a nice discount so my props out to Holts for taking care of it's military customers and not selling above the MSRP. The Dracs were still sealed although I'm sad to say I didn't get the golden ticket but hey I was impressed once again that Holts did not open the box to take it out if it was there.

This was about 1pm today and they hadn't sold many yet. I did notice they only had about 4 boxes of Dracs and 5 of the Boris by the counter so anyone in the Philly area might have a slim chance still. Sorry it took me so long to get on the computer and post. I had to catch up on some work after my excursion.
KDKLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #213
pfm721
I bleed Orange and Blue

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (7)
pfm721 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am in the same boat. Shopped there for years and years. I may go to the event but they won't be seeing any of my money. I'll go to get Pete to sign the box I got from another store. SeriousCigars is doing it right. Giving both local and non-local former customers a chance in their raffle based on the amount of business that they have done there in the last 12 months.
pfm721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #214
njstone

(shameless self-plug)
If anyone hears of places still selling these, boxes or singles, please post or PM!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #215
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

So I went to Holts today after work figuring I may be able to pick up one or two of each, and walked out with a box of Dracs and two Boris'. I am still in shock, and unbelieveably excited! They still had 2 boxes of Dracs and about 4 of the Boris so I kinda guilt-tripped the manager into hooking me up since the other Holts screwed me. Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

PS thanx for the tip Kevin!

P*rn Pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tat Drac1.jpg (80.6 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg Tat Drac2.jpg (71.5 KB, 245 views)
RightAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #216
KDKLOSS
Just in from the Storm

Bolivar Army (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAJ View Post
So I went to Holts today after work figuring I may be able to pick up one or two of each, and walked out with a box of Dracs and two Boris'. I am still in shock, and unbelieveably excited! They still had 2 boxes of Dracs and about 4 of the Boris so I kinda guilt-tripped the manager into hooking me up since the other Holts screwed me. Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

P*rn Pics:
AJ I'm glad I could help spread the wealth. Besides it makes me feel better that I dusted off the ol Veterans card when I threw myself at the managers feet. (Just for clarification I don't make it a habbit to do that.)
I can't say enough good things about the guys at the Walnut Street shop.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #217
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Nice pickup AJ! Let us know what you think of them
Old 10-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #218
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAJ View Post

P*rn Pics:
Very nice! Although I didn't buy any boxes, I was able to make to Holts and pick up 3 of each. I was told that the Boris' need some rest, but the vamps were good. I guess I'll have to find out myself.
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #219
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Yea I am quite happy. Still surprised by my luck!

As for the Boris, I had heard they were not all that great as well... I am gonna attribute that to a lack of resting and hope they turn out well. Can't wait for halloween to spark one!
RightAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #220
KDKLOSS
Just in from the Storm

Bolivar Army (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade06 View Post
Very nice! Although I didn't buy any boxes, I was able to make to Holts and pick up 3 of each. I was told that the Boris' need some rest, but the vamps were good. I guess I'll have to find out myself.
I split a box of Drac with a guy I deployed to Iraq with. So far I've smoked one the the 7 I kept and man It was good. A little underfilled but I guess that's better than being overfilled and hard to draw. I put the 2 Boris I picked up and the remainder of the Dracs down for a rest in my Vino. Thanks for the info on the Boris. I might have been tempted to torch one sooner.

On another note I noticed on the back of the box of Dracs that there was a number written in the upper corner in silver marker. The number on my box was 72. Could that mean I got box 72 of 1300? No biggie just curious.

Last edited by KDKLOSS; 10-26-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling like a 5th grader tonight