Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
REV
Still Watching My Back

First Name: David
Trading: (1)
REV is on a distinguished road
Default Need advice on Partnering with a Steak House

I work in a local shop here, and a local higher end steak house thats fairly new is wanting to partner with us to "install a humidor" at their place. We're about a 2 blocks away, so thats not an issue there (ie:time/distance), but I'm trying to figure out how this should be worked between the 2 businesses, because there's a caveat. Its something they're not sure about fully doing yet (permanent humidor, as opposed to me bringing some in from time to time) aside from the parties.

On certain occasions, the steak house would like me there to be the in house tobacconist. It would realistically only be for big parties and planned out ahead, and not like every weekend. Heres my thoughts:

Option 1: Set them up with a humidor and some nice cigars, and come in to maintain it once a week. Sell the cigars at discount (yet still a profit) to Steak House as needed. Attend the big events that are planned well ahead to not interfere with Cigar Shop schedule.

Option 2: Setup the humidor, put cigars in on "commission" and get paid as they sell.

OR

Option A: Attend parties with portable humidor (herfador type) full of nice cigars, have patrons pay for cigars as they go

Option B: Attend parties with herf, have the Steak House buy my stock (either at the end of the night, with a total sold or add the price to the guest bill)

Im at a loss right now, my boss is letting me run with this but it has to be profitable for both parties, and not be annoying.

While I have your attention, riddle me this. If you went to a Steak House and found out you could have a cigar right out back on the patio, would you rather see them have the same brand cigar but different profiles (ie: the Montecristo line) or have only a couple of several different types of premiums (like some Monte's, some Padron's, etc...)

Thanks all.
REV is offline   Reply With Quote