Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #21
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Proposed 2012 NFL Nike Jerseys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
But...but...but...
I read it on the internet. It must be true.
Totally, man. Has to be. Nothing on the internet is ever incorrect, misrepresented or just plain made up.

BTW, I read that the NFL was going to start letting players carry their sidearms on the field now. You know, liven the game up a bit. I also heard that Plaxico is currently having a custom set of bullet proof pants designed for these new uniforms.

It was on the internet, so I know it's true.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #22
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Not understanding the confusion? Says proposed not set in stone. Not understanding the confusion at all...
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

SP CoastGuard (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I remember hearing some guys talk about this a few years ago. Apparently it caused some big commotion for fans.

They're fake.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ches-are-fake/
Haha I googled "2012 NFL Jerseys". How disappointing.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #24
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
Not understanding the confusion? Says proposed not set in stone. Not understanding the confusion at all...
Apparently they were computer renders made by some fan that went viral and were misrepresented as they went from forum to forum, eventually being incorrectly described as the new Nike uniforms. They aren't from Nike, and the NFL isn't even considering them.

Although semantically, you're right, they could be "proposed".

I propose that the NFL make the game more interesting by having all tickets to a game be numbered sequentially and at halftime, a random number between 1 and the total number of tickets sold for that game be generated. If the draw matches the number of a held ticket in attendance, then that ticket holder gets their choice of:
a) year's supply of antibiotics
b) a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number
c) a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick

d) a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams

I'm still waiting to hear back on my proposed changes.

Quote:
Haha I googled "2012 NFL Jerseys". How disappointing.
What's to be disappointed over? Those fan designs came out 2 years ago and the NFL PR department responded then and made it clear that they weren't from Nike nor were they even being considered.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #25
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I propose that the NFL make the game more interesting by having all tickets to a game be numbered sequentially and at halftime, a random number between 1 and the total number of tickets sold for that game be generated. If the draw matches the number of a held ticket in attendance, then that ticket holder gets their choice of:
a) year's supply of antibiotics
b) a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number
c) a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick

d) a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams
Randy Mantooth?? He still owes me money.

Ooh, ooh....I'll take the antibiotics, And I'd like to buy a vowel.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #26
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
That's great! No Packers next year!
You just don't get it.

Nike will pitch their uniforms to owners in the hopes they will purchase their designs. One team, one owner.

Can you imagine pitching a new uniform in Green Bay at the next owners meeting - 70,000 of them gathered in Lambeau? Do you really think you could get them to all agree on a design. Or, that you could get over 50% to agree on even changing the uniform?

Ever been to a congregational voter's meeting? If not, forget it, you'd never understand.

It isn't worth the effort.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #27
tx_tuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
You just don't get it.

Nike will pitch their uniforms to owners in the hopes they will purchase their designs. One team, one owner.

Can you imagine pitching a new uniform in Green Bay at the next owners meeting - 70,000 of them gathered in Lambeau? Do you really think you could get them to all agree on a design. Or, that you could get over 50% to agree on even changing the uniform?

Ever been to a congregational voter's meeting? If not, forget it, you'd never understand.

Those 70,000 Green Bay owners have no say what so ever in what the team does. Just a piece of paper.

Plus Nike will decide how they will be made but that's it. Each NFL team decides their own logo, and then the NFL approves it. Has nothing at all to do with who makes the uniform. Although this is a good time for a team to change anything. The Panthers have already posted on their website today they have a new logo for next year.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #28
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

it looks like NFL uniforms from the game Blitz
Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #29
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

SP CoastGuard (Active)

Quote:
What's to be disappointed over? Those fan designs came out 2 years ago and the NFL PR department responded then and made it clear that they weren't from Nike nor were they even being considered.
I never am the first to hear about anything, so I thought I had some killer possible news... There goes that

I'm glad the Pats won't be wearing that gooft Jersey though!

Edited the first post for all the other People that'd think this had a possibility of being true. lol

Edit: Nevermind, it won't let me? Could a Mod just edit it so people don't see the link, click it, and not read the Comments?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #30
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
You just don't get it.

Not that I don't "get it". These are fake and that was a joke.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #31
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Edited the first post for all the other People that'd think this had a possibility of being true. lol

Edit: Nevermind, it won't let me? Could a Mod just edit it so people don't see the link, click it, and not read the Comments?
Now where's the fun in that?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #32
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
You just don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
Those 70,000 Green Bay owners have no say what so ever in what the team does. Just a piece of paper.

Plus Nike will decide how they will be made but that's it. Each NFL team decides their own logo, and then the NFL approves it. Has nothing at all to do with who makes the uniform. Although this is a good time for a team to change anything. The Panthers have already posted on their website today they have a new logo for next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
Not that I don't "get it". These are fake and that was a joke.
Got that it was a fake - and that it was a joke - so was my commentary. I know they don't decide anything. They do have meetings where the "owners" are asked to show up and voice their opinions. They are listened to, and some things have come out of those meetings.

I can see where my comments, "Ever been to a congregational voter's meeting? If not, forget it, you'd never understand. It isn't worth the effort."
would possibly get misconstrued.

In a congregational VM, they sit and talk topics to death. Too often, decisions cannot be made because there is no consensus. Unless you've been to one, it is hard to understand. They'd never do a jersey change by vote, for it would be too difficult - "It isn't worth the effort."

Like I said, I knew it was all a joke. I had a voter's meeting yesterday - I was making fun of that, venting my frustration with how a portion of that went, but doing it here and...

OK, so it didn't go over well here. And, most missed my humor. I wasn't directing any negativity to anybody here, was trying to add to the levity.

Hey, if you gotta explain it, it isn't funny. So, enough explanation.

Forgive me, please.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #33
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Got that it was a fake - and that it was a joke - so was my commentary. I know they don't decide anything. They do have meetings where the "owners" are asked to show up and voice their opinions. They are listened to, and some things have come out of those meetings.

I can see where my comments, "Ever been to a congregational voter's meeting? If not, forget it, you'd never understand. It isn't worth the effort."
would possibly get misconstrued.

In a congregational VM, they sit and talk topics to death. Too often, decisions cannot be made because there is no consensus. Unless you've been to one, it is hard to understand. They'd never do a jersey change by vote, for it would be too difficult - "It isn't worth the effort."

Like I said, I knew it was all a joke. I had a voter's meeting yesterday - I was making fun of that, venting my frustration with how a portion of that went, but doing it here and...

OK, so it didn't go over well here. And, most missed my humor. I wasn't directing any negativity to anybody here, was trying to add to the levity.

Hey, if you gotta explain it, it isn't funny. So, enough explanation.

Forgive me, please.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #34
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Already thinkin about next season! Can't wait!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote