Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Wanted to Throw up :pu

Hit a couple B&Ms today as I had some running around to do. Stopped at one and the woman working there was real nice and friendly and was trying to be helpful but after a short conversation left me be in their walk-in. After looking around I spotted a box on a high shelf that read "Anejo selections" So being the curious SOB that I am I opened the box. Low and behold they had a good number of Sharks and torps in there.My first thought was, wow the two hardest sizes to find and they still have them in stock. Again, curiousity got me and I had to turn them over to see the price. WTF!!!!!! $25 for the torps and $30 for the Sharks!!!!! I grabbed a couple other sticks that weren't over priced and headed to the register, and again the woman working there was super friendly until I brought up the Anejos. I was prob a bit of a d*ck head which made her go from nice to I can't get you out of the store so others can't hear you fast enough. I nonchalantly said "Wow, I can't believe you guys still have Anejo Sharks and torps in stock this late in the season but at those prices I guess I'm not really all that surprised." She looked at me and said "What do you mean?" Now she was asking for it so I responded with "Well at those prices you guys are marking them up over 100% of their retail price." To which she responded with "Well, that's our prices and people pay it." I just looked at her and said "Oh." With that she gave me my change and said "Take Care." This stores prices for most(not all) of their sticks tend to be a little high but the part of town it's in supports it but I thought that was just outrageous. That cr@p pisses me off. When I went back to NY for Christmas one shop had Sharks for $19 and that's with NYS tobacco tax which is high to begin with but $30 a stick! It was just fun to see her demeanor change with the conversation but I guess since they had a good amount of customers there she just wanted me out which I can't blame her. I am friendlier with one of the other guys that work there and we get along well so I'll have to bust his chops when no one is around next time I am there which isn't too often. Just thought I would share plus it astounded me since the shop I was at earlier in the afternoon has great pricing and has prices comparable to some online retailers and a much better selection of smokes to boot.