Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
Walt

Default Your thoughts on availability

After reading Ian's post on the Serie V Maduro, I started to wonder what your thoughts are on cigar availability.

In the case of the Serie V Maduro, they are being allocated to cigar shops around the county. Each shop is suppoed to get 2 on average. Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing?

My only comparison would be something like the Opus X. They come out twice a year and only go to top tier Fuente accounts. They become much harder to find and as a result they tend to be price gouged.

Do you think that allocating two boxes per store means you have a better chance of getting them over one account getting several boxes?

I'm of the mindset that this will definitely help level the playing field and will make them more attainable. What are your thoughts on the subject?
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
MithShrike

Default Re: Your thoughts on availability

I can't say. There are the shops that wouldn't even bother selling to the general public but would let their best customers have the two boxes. There are other shops that would bother with a limit. There are other shops where the owner/workers would just pass 'em out among themselves.

I dunno.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

I guess the problem I have with the situation is not the availability, not to say I wouldn't like to see more, but rather the way they will likely be distributed. I have a feeling some of the shops will do exactly what you describe and they won't even make it to the public.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:41 AM   #4
Walt

If you were put in their shoes how would you address the situation?

Lets say you are a tobacconist and two boxes show up at your door today. Do you reserve them for an individual, or do you sell them at a limit per customer?

Why would you go about doing it this way?