Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #41
FriendlyMan
Still Watching My Back

First Name: JACK
Trading: (7)
FriendlyMan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I'm done smoking in Cigar Lounges

My wife thinks the smell comes from the train
Oh oh, you smell like your coming from the train. Wait, were you even on the train today.
No, I think it might be from the ac in the car.
FriendlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #42
ysr_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post

God forbid you should have to wash your clothes after wearing them.
I wash my clothes after wearing them, just not right when I walk in the door (which is what I have to do).
Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #43
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
Shouldnt this be in the Joke thread?

God forbid you should have to wash your clothes after wearing them. I was not aware that laptops absorbed odors, maybe try some Fabreze on the backpack.

OMG it's such a hassle.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #44
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I wash my clothes after wearing them, just not right when I walk in the door (which is what I have to do).
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #45
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I usually try to avoid such places but I am still in the camp of thinking that no matter what you do you will always smell a little bit.
This is my feeling. Granted we may be talking DEGREES of smell here, but I smoke in the
best ventilated smoking room there is, the great outdoors, and when I come back inside,
I can smell the smoke on me. None of that changes the point that if your cigar lounge has big
clouds of smoke you can see, like in the Tobacco Barn Photos, you definitely have to choose,
it seems. Personally I do not mind a lot of CIGAR smoke, but you ain't escaping THAT smell on your
clothes after it.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #46
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road

Pretty much the only time I smoke in a lounge is on my lunch break, and then I'm almost the only person in the lounge area of the shop, possibly one or two others. It's a small lounge (two couches and a card table) but they have decent overhead ventilation as well as 2 fans. I've gotten out of the habit as of late, just smoking outside of my office building at a picnic table... mainly to avoid B&M prices...
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #47
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

I will only smoke a cigar in a lounge when....

1. I want a cigar
2. I am at a lounge

Go home do laundry....repeat.
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #48
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Personally, I LOVE the smell of my cigars. Whenever the temperature outside gets below 70 (Not too terribly often in Florida), if i'm driving for any distance, I'll hotbox myself in my car with just the driver's side window cracked. It sucks a lot of the smoke out but fills the car with suuuuuuch a nice, luxurious smell. Word of advice: Don't smoke a cigar in your car with the air conditioner on. That WILL make your car smell funky.

I am also one of the lucky few whose lovely bride is attracted to cigar smoke like a moth to a light. She really enjoys sitting out with me on the lanai enjoying the evening and taking in the smell of my stogies.

Small, funny (to me) story. December 2008, my wife went into the hospital for a rather risky surgery. As soon as the doc came out and told me the surgery was a success and she was in recovery, I went to the parking lot of the hospital, fired up 2007 Shark and turned the inside of my van into something out of a Cheech and Chong movie. 45 minutes of sheer heavenly bliss. A couple of the docs that walked by smiled in approval when I told them what I was doing. When I went into her room afterwards, she gave me a big smile and told me how good it was to see me and how good I smelled.

My God was in his heaven and all was right with the world.

The only problem I personally have ever had with too much smoke in a cigar lounge was when it got to the point visibility became restricted and my eyes started to burn.

Although I don't agree with the OP's position ( different life experiences is all ) I DO know what it is like to have clothes on that take the smell of where you've been for any period of time. 2 examples. 1: Working in a BBQ restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BBQ but after being around it for 12 hours day after day, your clothes get nasty. I don't care HOW many times you wash em. 2: Being around fryers. That evaporating grease gets into every crack, crevice and pore of your body. You go home feeling like the Crisco Kid.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #49
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Starting to smell like cigar smoke here...I should go. On second thought I think I 'll forge onward and keep smoking.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #50
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

It's tough, right? You want to go to places with people, but those have tons of smoke. Generally, the crappy ones...the ones no one goes to....are great for the air but crap for the atmosphere...
Old 07-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #51
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
It's tough, right? You want to go to places with people, but those have tons of smoke. Generally, the crappy ones...the ones no one goes to....are great for the air but crap for the atmosphere...
James has the smokeeters on high. I only notice the smoke when I exhale
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #52
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
James has the smokeeters on high. I only notice the smoke when I exhale
You are absolutely right on that one. Burn is one of the few lounges I've been to that even with 15/20 guys in there, the air is still clear. It's actually kind of amazing. Burn is the very happy exception.

Reminds me...need to get up there again!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #53
benedic08
Bob's great grandson

First Name: Benedic
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
benedic08 has a spectacular aura aboutbenedic08 has a spectacular aura about

Time to bring a smoking jacket to the lounge Hefner style.....
benedic08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #54
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation

Smoke naked then after change in the car on the way home.
theonlybear4CORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #55
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT View Post
Smoke naked then after change in the car on the way home.
What's to change?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #56
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Personally, I LOVE the smell of my cigars. Whenever the temperature outside gets below 70 (Not too terribly often in Florida), if i'm driving for any distance, I'll hotbox myself in my car with just the driver's side window cracked. It sucks a lot of the smoke out but fills the car with suuuuuuch a nice, luxurious smell. Word of advice: Don't smoke a cigar in your car with the air conditioner on. That WILL make your car smell funky.

I am also one of the lucky few whose lovely bride is attracted to cigar smoke like a moth to a light. She really enjoys sitting out with me on the lanai enjoying the evening and taking in the smell of my stogies.

Small, funny (to me) story. December 2008, my wife went into the hospital for a rather risky surgery. As soon as the doc came out and told me the surgery was a success and she was in recovery, I went to the parking lot of the hospital, fired up 2007 Shark and turned the inside of my van into something out of a Cheech and Chong movie. 45 minutes of sheer heavenly bliss. A couple of the docs that walked by smiled in approval when I told them what I was doing. When I went into her room afterwards, she gave me a big smile and told me how good it was to see me and how good I smelled.

My God was in his heaven and all was right with the world.

The only problem I personally have ever had with too much smoke in a cigar lounge was when it got to the point visibility became restricted and my eyes started to burn.

Although I don't agree with the OP's position ( different life experiences is all ) I DO know what it is like to have clothes on that take the smell of where you've been for any period of time. 2 examples. 1: Working in a BBQ restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BBQ but after being around it for 12 hours day after day, your clothes get nasty. I don't care HOW many times you wash em. 2: Being around fryers. That evaporating grease gets into every crack, crevice and pore of your body. You go home feeling like the Crisco Kid.
Thats nice weather here in Nebraska Bro!

I'm still sitting outside in shorts smoking.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote