Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #21
Brad

Default Re: Padron 2000 aging conundrom

Never had a bad one in terms of flavor, but my gripe with Padron is the size of the caps. They are tiny, and sometimes not put on very well. You need to be very careful cutting them or it will unravel. It's easy to cut off too much.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #22
coronalogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Never had a bad one in terms of flavor, but my gripe with Padron is the size of the caps. They are tiny, and sometimes not put on very well. You need to be very careful cutting them or it will unravel. It's easy to cut off too much.
very true. Not sure why they're so stingy on the caps.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #23
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

I have a box of 2000 that is from 07, problem is they were left out on a submarine for a few weeks. Now they are shrink wrapped and were still spongy after all that but the fact that we treat our air with Amine to keep CO2 levels down did not help the case. They still smell like ammonia! Maybe I will bite the bullet and give them a try. (Who the hell would throw them away?)
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #24
klipsch

I was fortunate enough to acquire a box worth of 2003 Ambassadors recently along with some 2004/05 6000's. It's amazing what time does to Padrons. But I will typically pick up a fresh stick (I didn't have any Ambassadors) to smoke so that I can better appreciate aged ones. I don't see anyway in hell that I'll be able to sit on any of my current inventory for that amount of time...

In response to the OP's question...you may have just picked up a bum stick.