Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nicaraguan Puros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
IMO, doesn't get much better than a nice, full-bodied, full-power smoke and a Barq's root beer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Throw a little Captain Morgan in with that Barqs and full bodied cigar and life is goooooood!

Chris.....
Old 02-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #22
Trouble

[quote=marge796;764345]Throw a little Captain Morgan in with that Barqs and full bodied cigar and life is goooooood!

OK. Might as well throw in a couple hot babes for good measure.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #23
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge796 View Post
Throw a little Captain Morgan in with that Barqs and full bodied cigar and life is goooooood!

Chris.....
My summertime drink when outside smoking is Dr. Pepper and Capt. Morgan. Good stuff. I may have to try the Barqs.
Trouble if you throw in the hot babes chances are you could be smoking a complete dog rocket and you won't care because your mind will be too preoccupied.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #24
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Was not loving the series G. It was good but would not buy it again. I did get a V today along with my first Opus X. Have to give them a try
A lot of the Nic puros I enjoy need a little rest to really give a true account of themselves. Two right off the bat that I can think of are Oliva Series G...you mentioned, and the Sancho Panza DM---both benefit ( as we will when enjoying them) from 6 months in the Humi.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #25
thebiglebowski
Jack White's Roadie...

First Name: larry
Trading: (0)
Partagas
thebiglebowski is on a distinguished road

i also thought that connecticut broadleaf was grown in connecticut. is this the case, or not?
thebiglebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #26
Snake Hips
Götterdämmerung

First Name: Tyler
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
Snake Hips will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski View Post
i also thought that connecticut broadleaf was grown in connecticut. is this the case, or not?
Most of it is. Connecticut Broadleaf is a tobacco strain, just as Sumatra and Habano are, even though for the most part neither of those are grown in Sumatra or Havana. But Connecticut is the opposite - the vast majority is grown in Connecticut, but some is grown elsewhere (mostly Ecuador).
Snake Hips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #27
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Hips View Post
But Connecticut is the opposite - the vast majority is grown in Connecticut, but some is grown elsewhere (mostly Ecuador).
I remember reading somewhere that the majority of Connecticut broadleaf was actually grown in MA. The name comes from the Conn. River valley, and not the state.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #28
jaydub13
aka Little Pickle

First Name: Jason
Trading: (5)
Partagas
jaydub13 is on a distinguished road

I know exactly what you mean. I have been loving the nicaraguans recently, but not enjoying so many others. Nic or Dominican puros for me, thanks.

Oh, and I agree on the rocky patel decade. I REALLY wanted to like that cigar, but frankly, I found myself just smoking to finish it, rather than enjoying it. Ditto with the OWR.
jaydub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #29
Trouble

That is funny. I am not sure why but I really wanted to love the Decade as well. I tried so hard to enjoy it.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #30
njstone

I also get confused on terminology and country of origin for wrappers. Like the Tatuaje Havana VI uses a "Habano Equador" wrapper ... but I think it's grown in Nicaragua.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #31
BC-Axeman

Don't forget Honduras. A lot of good strong cigars from there.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #32
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Man... I just love cigars!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #33
njstone

Yea, I too have been WAY into Nicaraguans this year, to the point where I recently said that I hardly like anything NOT from Nica. But then I smoked the nicer Fuentes (Anejo, Opus, WOAM) and started getting into LFDs, and remembered that I like La Aurora, lol.

And I also really do like the RP Decade and OWR. The Decade needs to AGE, guys--try one with a year on it and it's a whole 'nother cigar! You may still not care for it, of course, to each his own.

But I agree too that many/most of the Nica puros I like need additional aging, most notoriously Padron regular lines and Tats. I think virtually all Tats need some additional rest, if not a full year.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #34
Trouble

I had a tat 2003 cojonu and it was incredible. I could not imagine how good it would be with some age.

I just picked up 10 yesterday but really do not anticipate any of them making it past a month.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #35
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by njstone View Post
But I agree too that many/most of the Nica puros I like need additional aging, most notoriously Padron regular lines and Tats.
Now that I've built up enough of a collection that I can let stuff rest, I'm finding that many of my favorites are just that much better. The flavors just become smoother.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #36
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I'm with ya brother. Nearly all of my favorite NCs are Nics/Nic puros. I like the strength and spice of them and love what some age does to the ones I buy.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #37
alpha8a
New To It All

First Name: Andrew N.
Trading: (11)
alpha8a is on a distinguished road

I haven't been smoking all that long but I too find myself loving the Nicaraguan cigars.
alpha8a is offline   Reply With Quote