Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about
Default Partagas Cifuentes 2006?

So after a quick search of the forums I came up with nothing resembling a review of the cigar mentioned in the title of this thread. This cigar is CI's weekly deal and they are selling aged boxes for $49.95 here:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/h...?emailsrc=true

If anybody has experience with this stick please let me know what you think.

thank you,
Adam
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Tbagley
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tom
Trading: (0)
Tbagley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Partagas Cifuentes 2006?

They sure sound tasty, but then again most of those ad's reflect smokes of good taste.
Tbagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

There's a reason that CI and ccom are routinely advertising these at very low prices.

They are BORING.

What little flavor you get is not entirely pleasant. Tried them couple times during CI's earlier purges about two years ago. Maybe two more years has improved them, but I seriously doubt it.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Not good would pretty much sum up this and most NC Partagas. Can honestly say I've never had one I've liked.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
bdgile
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
bdgile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
There's a reason that CI and ccom are routinely advertising these at very low prices.

They are BORING.

What little flavor you get is not entirely pleasant. Tried them couple times during CI's earlier purges about two years ago. Maybe two more years has improved them, but I seriously doubt it.
I agree... Boring! I was sucked in by the description also and bought a box a few months ago.
bdgile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

Thanks a ton guys!! That is exactly what I was look for from you all. These have been removed from my cart and CI tab has been closed. I have made it through the 3rd day in a row of not ordering cigars.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
mariogolbee

I've had them and I thought they were okay. I did end my smoking a little early.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
Not good would pretty much sum up this and most NC Partagas. Can honestly say I've never had one I've liked.
This.

Ive had a couple NC Partagas, like 6 or so, 5 were some of the worst cigars ever. One was not bad "limited Reserve 1999" or something like that.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyUserName View Post
Thanks a ton guys!! That is exactly what I was look for from you all. These have been removed from my cart and CI tab has been closed. I have made it through the 3rd day in a row of not ordering cigars.
Still on the Wagon
Old 09-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post

They are BORING.

You were let down by the rule of 3s?
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
PLEASE, be aware that cigar tastes vary widely from person to person, and that one, two or three people that HATE a cigar (and it's entire line) does NOT mean you will dislike it. There are people on here that will readily tell you that they prefer sticks spicy or really strong, and that nothing else registers on their taste buds. The really smart guys like this will also tell you that this is their tastes only, and should NOT be taken to mean that you won't like something different. DO NOT let brand "haters" sway you from trying a cigar and deciding for yourself! If I went with what the nay-nay birds say, I'd have missed dozens of good smokes in my past, and dozens of good deals!

Take a chance on a fiver or a box, especially if they are very well priced, and judge for yourself! If you don't like them, send them to the troops. As can be seen in the posts after the one I'm quoting, there are several people that gave these a chance, and found them okay. There are guys in the cigar world that only like what they like, and anything else is automatically "bad", and NOT to be smoked. NEVER let those people sway you from trying a stick for yourself!!

BTW, for what it's worth, I have smoked a dozen or more Partagas of different sizes and composition. To date, I've NEVER had one plugged!!!. While some did not have flavor profiles I enjoyed, several did, and several were enjoyable, but not my cup of tea. Again, DO NOT be swayed by mine, or any other opinions. Your OWN tastes are important here! Unless you know for sure that your tastes are the same as stranger giving a biased review, decide for yourself!! (remember, everyone has a biased opinion about their own taste. That's the nature of opinions!)

A good research tool is to go to other posts of people giving their opinion about cigars. See if they like or pan cigars you've had already. This might give you a clue as to how their tastes might stack up against yours. Of course, you might find that some of the reviewers have many, many more cigars that they hate than they (apparently) enjoy.

Last edited by SvilleKid; 09-08-2011 at 02:17 PM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #12
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
PLEASE, be aware that cigar tastes vary widely from person to person, and that one, two or three people that HATE a cigar (and it's entire line) does NOT mean you will dislike it. There are people on here that will readily tell you that they prefer sticks spicy or really strong, and that nothing else registers on their taste buds. The really smart guys like this will also tell you that this is their tastes only, and should NOT be taken to mean that you won't like something different. DO NOT let brand "haters" sway you from trying a cigar and deciding for yourself! If I went with what the nay-nay birds say, I'd have missed dozens of good smokes in my past, and dozens of good deals!

Take a chance on a fiver or a box, especially if they are very well priced, and judge for yourself! If you don't like them, send them to the troops. As can be seen in the posts after the one I'm quoting, there are several people that gave these a chance, and found them okay. There are guys in the cigar world that only like what they like, and anything else is automatically "bad", and NOT to be smoked. NEVER let those people sway you from trying a stick for yourself!!

BTW, for what it's worth, I have smoked a dozen or more Partagas of different sizes and composition. To date, I've NEVER had one plugged!!!. While some did not have flavor profiles I enjoyed, several did, and several were enjoyable, but not my cup of tea. Again, DO NOT be swayed by mine, or any other opinions. Your OWN tastes are important here! Unless you know for sure that your tastes are the same as stranger giving a biased review, decide for yourself!! (remember, everyone has a biased opinion about their own taste. That's the nature of opinions!)

A good research tool is to go to other posts of people giving their opinion about cigars. See if they like or pan cigars you've had already. This might give you a clue as to how their tastes might stack up against yours. Of course, you might find that some of the reviewers have many, many more cigars that they hate than they (apparently) enjoy.
Excellent post Cliff. Great advice for the new guys.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

Thanks cliff, I looked through my Humi when I got home and found one of these. I am going to give it a try and see what I think.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #14
rharris
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Richard
Trading: (48)
rharris will become famous soon enough

I for one actually really like these sticks. I tend to smoke strong spicy cigars, and this cigar does not fit that profile. Even so, I really enjoyed these N.C. partagas cigars.They have a unique flavor profile ,I find them to be on the lighter side of medium. As other very wise members have said, There really is only one way to find out if you like them or not! Smoke a few and see!
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #15
Newbie_nick
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Nick
Trading: (13)
Bolivar
Newbie_nick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You're doing better than I am. I've only made it 2 days...
Newbie_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #16
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Fairly typical Dominican stick, nothing outstanding but a solid everyday smoke. Looks like a good deal, especially if you need a lighter.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #17
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Yes, but the OP specificlly asked for opinoins of those who have tried these. All we can do is give an opinion and so far the majority gives it a . You should always make your own judgement about a stick but if the opinions of those you respect say something is a turd, then it's good chance it's a turd. Many of us have rolled the dice on cheap boxes and later wished we'd have asked around a bit, many people don't have extra cash to waste on a box that will never get smoked.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #18
php007
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Paul
Trading: (35)
php007 will become famous soon enough

The 2004 orignals were the best out of all the years.
php007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #19
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

In general, I would avoid excessive box aging in NC cigars. The tobacco used is much better aged than Habanos and and NC's generally just taste papery after a serveral years of box aging.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #20
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
In general, I would avoid excessive box aging in NC cigars. The tobacco used is much better aged than Habanos and and NC's generally just taste papery after a serveral years of box aging.
I totally disagree. I tasted 4 different nc cigars at Shack was blown away how good they were. AF Hemingway with at least 10 years was great. A regular Partagas robusto that also was over 10 yrs was crazy goood. And those are two cigars I don't like. And I know the cigars I have had for 5 years keep getting better.

As for these cigars, they were the only Partagas I would smoke. I thought they were goood.