Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default USCE Rosado toro

A friend, who orders regularly at Lynn cigars, gave me this Lynn USCE rosado toro, as he knew that I really liked the previous Lynn rosado houseblend. I tried to find more information about this cigar, but I think it was just one batch as they are no longer available on Larry's website anymore.

This 6x50 cigar looks good, sturdy and well finished. The wrapper has that fine rosado glow and lots of small veins. The construction feels good and I smell a mild mixture of flowers and charcoal, it reminds me of the smell of my pipe after I smoked an aromatic tobacco like Indian Summer. The predraw is fine and leaves a mixture of floral flavors and raisin with a peppery aftertaste.

I taste a dry wood with earthy flavor and some sweetness. The flavors don't change in the first inch, which doesn't happen that often. After a third still no changes in flavor, only in strength, the flavors get milder and more boring.

Halfway I taste a bit more wood, but that is the only development that I notice. After two thirds the sweetness disappears, I only taste that dry wood and earth. At the end I taste some nuts.

This cigar had a smoke time of two hours. The smoke started out thin, but the volume was good and the smoke got thicker along the way. The ash is light colored with dark swipes and it is reasonably firm. The burn is good. This cigar is medium flavored and mild to medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Nah, I like rosado cigars but this was a bit of a let down

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10