Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Illusione Nosotros Corona Larga

Illusione Nosotros Corona Larga Factory Sample

This was gift from Dion Giolito, when I visited Fumare in July! I cannot kid you! I wanted to try this one as soon as I found out about it!!!

Shape: Double Corona
Size: 6 x 46
Wrapper: Corojo 99
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Connecticut Habano
Strength: Medium/Full

As advertised:
The Illusione Nosotros Cigars are rolled by Drew Estates in Nicaragua and are the latest creation from Illusione. Unlike most cigars made by Drew Estates, these cigars are not infused cigars but rather a blend of fine tobaccos from Nicaragua with a Corojo '99 wrapper, Nicaraguan fillers, and Connecticut Habano binder. Because "Nosotros" means "us" this is symbolic of Illusione and Drew Estates joining forces to produce another fantastic cigar. Dion Giolito of Illusione says that these cigars are best described as. “Spicy and clean on the palate with richness and power that really sneaks up on you. The blend is well out of my comfort zone and very nonpareil to my other lines. As it turned out, the first combination of tobaccos that we experimented with wound up being the final blend".

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a big fan of Illusione Cigars!!! I couldn't wait to try this latest creation. The construction on this cigar is a little rougher than the other Illusiones I have had. The wrapper is also oiler. I took a picture of it next to an ~F9~ for comparison. I'll show that later on.

The pre-light draw was easy. I toasted it and the aroma was divine! The first few puffs were flavorful with a distinct caramel note!!! A little into this and I was beginning to pick up an acrid feeling in the back of my throat but this didn't last long and the caramel continued!

The burn on this was perfect and needed no correcting for the entire experience. The ash was mostly white with a little zebra stripe. The ash held very long, and did not flake when it fell off! The other illusione cigars I have had were similar in this regard.

The hints of caramel stayed throughout the experience, however at about the halfway point the complexity changed to become a bit more spicy (not peppery) and I began to detect I hint of almond in the background!

This cigar had a very long and flavorful finish! At the very end I was getting an almost toffee flavor, which was very enjoyable especially at the end of a cigar! I paired this cigar with Iced Coffee but I never picked up hints of coffee in this cigar at all.

I know that this one was a factory sample but I couldn't have asked for a better cigar!!! I would smoke this one again in a heartbeat!!! When these become available do yourself a favor and try them!

Total smoke time took 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Construction/Appearance: 9 out of 10
Flavor Balance: 10 out of 10 (Nice complexity!)
Strength: Full (This one does sneak up on you!)
Over all experience: 9.5 out of 10
Value: This was gifted but I would expect to pay more than $10.00 per stick.

Thank you Dion for a fantastic gift!!!

Smoke what you like!!!

Last edited by Skywalker; 08-12-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote