Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #81
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: tatuajeanarchy.com

Thanks for the info Pete!

On a side note those NHCs look tasty!

If they're the SW blend in a Lonsdale vitola I will be ecstatic! No question I will be picking up a box of these on release.

I enjoy the chase and I enjoy HTFs. Sure it sucks when you smoke them up and you know you can never get anymore or you miss the boat and never get your hands on them (like me with the monster series to date ) but something else will come along and the chase begins again. Many of us enjoy it whether it be EL, LE, Regionals, NCs or CCs. I find nothing wrong with it.

That also may be because I have yet to get burned too many times since almost every HTF I have come across has been quite good.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #82
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thank you for chiming in Pete, good to have you here.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #83
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

If it's Anarchy, what's with the secrets and rule following? Did someone drop the dictionary on this one?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #84
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
If it's Anarchy, what's with the secrets and rule following? Did someone drop the dictionary on this one?
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #85
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Thanks, Jordan. I thought that was wasted.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #86
Tatuaje

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post

LOL,,,Yeah I know
Old 04-24-2010, 06:08 AM   #87
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough

New marketing slogan:

Tatuaje! The Apple of the cigar world

What can I say. I have bought Tatuaje's and liked the ones I have bought.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #88
UPHOTO

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (7)
Montecristo
UPHOTO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Because people are tired of PT Johnson's gimmicks and BS and just want to enjoy good without all of the smoke and mirror tricks?
So since I get sick of your "i'm so great" attitude I can go on here and say you are a tool?

I think that the mod's would put an end to it if I was personally attacking you all the time.

Show the same respect and be a decent human being.
UPHOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #89
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Woah, wait, what?

Darrell is human?

You sure about that?
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #90
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPHOTO View Post
So since I get sick of your "i'm so great" attitude I can go on here and say you are a tool?
Sure, call me whatever you want.

Quote:
I think that the mod's would put an end to it if I was personally attacking you all the time.
Who knows, give it a try. Take a risk!

Quote:
Show the same respect and be a decent human being.
OK!

I apologize for calling you a tool, Pete. What I really meant is that I don't care for your strategy for building hype on your cigars. I know that is the core of marketing, building anticipation for something. However I don't like how upset it makes people when they search, search, search and are sad when they cannot find them.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #91
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Pete,

I personally love your blends and they are one of the few NC's I buy on a regular basis.

While I don't go too crazy looking for the hard to finds, I am a huge fan of the brown label regios.

I did stumble upon some Blacks in the tube at Corona in Orlando recently and enjoyed them a bunch.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #92
Jbailey
Brewcifer

First Name: Dave
Trading: (17)
Jbailey has disabled reputation

I watched the video and wondering if Anarchy is an acronym.

On the website it's a.n.a.r.c.h.y.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #93
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

These threads always go off on the most irrelevant tangents. Who cares if someone does or does not like Pete Johnson. I would go so far as to say that the very large majority of people saying they don't like him have never seen the guy outside of a google photo. This thread is about an upcoming product (I'll assume it's a cigar since the one guy said it's not clothing).
Old 06-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #94
Pistol

Wow, this was an interesting thread! I don't really have a super emotional opinion on Pete Johnson or his cigars. The tatuajes that I've had have all been decent cigars, and they seem to be priced about right (I haven't chased any of the limited runs). For what it's worth, I'm all for his marketing campaign. What could be more American? It makes good business sense to me; he's creating hype and demand for his cigars, what's wrong with that? Any good business person trying to make their way in the world would do the same damned thing. If you want one of his cigars and can't get one, too bad! Either try harder next time, be willing to cough up more money, or be left out - it's that simple! Just because you enjoy Tatuaje cigars doesn't mean you are entitled to one of their limited/exclusive lines! Do people bash Corvette when they release limited run cars? Are all Corvette fans that have a standard built car entitled to a limited run car? Of course not! That's why they are LIMITED RELEASES!! There is a limit to how many are made, and therefore they command a higher price than REGULAR releases! It seems to me that Pete Johnson puts out a quality cigar (for the most part, I haven't tried them all), and he markets them aggressively. What the hell is wrong with that?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but just because I enjoy Cohibas doesn't mean I'm entitled to a Behike. If I want one that badly, I should be willing shell out some dough, but I'm not willing to, and that doesn't hurt my feelings or change my opinions on Cohiba/Habanos SA one bit.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #95
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Quote:
However I don't like how upset it makes people when they search, search, search and are sad when they cannot find them.

...and is this different from finding many other sticks how? Fuentes, Padrons, and many others not to mention certain Cuban marcas were, or still are just as hard to find if not harder.

The way I look at it, if a person dosent like a brand for whatever reason, just dont buy them. Period. Pretty simple concept really & it dosent require a Masters degree to figure out.

I havent ever smoked a Tat anything to be honest and it would be probably safe to assume I wont like them, but geeze man OBVIOUSLY many folks do, so why should I knock what someone else enjoys?

To each their own. If you aint footing the bill for someone else's Tat's, you got nothing to say other than you dont like the cigars.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #96
klipsch

Quote:
However I don't like how upset it makes people when they search, search, search and are sad when they cannot find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
...and is this different from finding many other sticks how? Fuentes, Padrons, and many others not to mention certain Cuban marcas were, or still are just as hard to find if not harder.
Or anything else for that matter...cell phones, dvds, concert and sporting event tickets...etc. If somebody feels sad enough times over something that's really important to them...they'll figure out what needs to be done to stop feeling sad. IE: Find out how to obtain whatever they feel is important, or make it unimportant anymore. Those people who aren't on the different cigar boards, don't know that the majority of boutique cigars even exist...so they have no reason for bad feelings. And for those of us who are on the different cigar boards monitoring every move out favorite blenders make...well, we're poorer for it...

And as if chasing Tat's wasn't bad enough...now there's this Andre guy...
Old 06-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #97
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Pete keep on keeping on with your Holiday line, it’s a great product and IMO & fun to try to track down a box or two.

I look forward to meeting you during your upcoming visit to Outlaw Cigars in Kansas City next month!

Chris.....
Old 06-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #98
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post

The way I look at it, if a person dosent like a brand for whatever reason, just dont buy them. Period. Pretty simple concept really & it dosent require a Masters degree to figure out.

I havent ever smoked a Tat anything to be honest and it would be probably safe to assume I wont like them, but geeze man OBVIOUSLY many folks do, so why should I knock what someone else enjoys?

To each their own. If you aint footing the bill for someone else's Tat's, you got nothing to say other than you dont like the cigars.

Well said, Kelly!

Chris.....
Old 06-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #99
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

so I guess this thread got bumped because of the other Tat Anarchy thread, but there is no new info on this strange mystery product yet? just checking
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #100
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Sing it with me now,

Somewhere over the rainbow...

rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote