Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #41
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tim Tebow CHOOSES the Jets!

Denver's awesome defense, other teams' tired defenses, mental errors, bad officiating. Tebow had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Read the comments from HIS teammates last season, what THEY thought he brought to that team. I'll take those to heart over the opinions of fans of opposing teams. Haters gonna hate.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #42
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Denver's awesome defense, other teams' tired defenses, mental errors, bad officiating. Tebow had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Read the comments from HIS teammates last season, what THEY thought he brought to that team. I'll take those to heart over the opinions of fans of opposing teams. Haters gonna hate.
If Tebow had little to do with their success when he started, how were they 7-1 when Tebow started, and 1-7 when he didn't?

Like Tom said, Haters gonna hate.

And, FWIW, the Gators are one of my least favorite college football teams...but this hater ain't hatin' on Tebow. The guy was probably the best college football player (not QB, player) I've seen play, is a great teammate and just seems to be "a winner". Time will tell if that's true, but he's off to a good start.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #43
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
If Tebow had little to do with their success when he started, how were they 7-1 when Tebow started, and 1-7 when he didn't?

Like Tom said, Haters gonna hate.

And, FWIW, the Gators are one of my least favorite college football teams...but this hater ain't hatin' on Tebow. The guy was probably the best college football player (not QB, player) I've seen play, is a great teammate and just seems to be "a winner". Time will tell if that's true, but he's off to a good start.
Just goes to show everyone has their own opinions and they are entilted to them.

I feel Tommie Frazier was the greatest college football player ever on offense . YMMV
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #44
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty81 View Post
Just goes to show everyone has their own opinions and they are entilted to them.

I feel Tommie Frazier was the greatest college football player ever on offense . YMMV
Your Nebraska bias wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that, would it?
Old 03-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #45
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Your Nebraska bias wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that, would it?
no sir. They have been compared by many. Google it.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #46
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty81 View Post
no sir. They have been compared by many. Google it.
Frazier, Tebow, Young, Elway, hell I'll throw in LeFevour based on college stats, there is a debate to who is the best. But chances are all of them trail many of the great RB's for greatest college player of all-time. Walker, Sanders, Jackson, Dorsett, Thorpe. Hell, Thorpe is a top 5 ATHLETE of all-time in my book.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #47
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I'm a fan of football. I will give credit to those that I see fit on any team. I guess this is just one of those situations that when watching the games I'm not seeing what everyone else sees in him. He runs, I don't see him as a good QB.
Like I said in past posts, I do think that he's a great guy and is probably a good motivator, a good QB though? Nope......I don't see it.
Not to mention, he is the complete opposite personal character than most of the JETs players. He's a good guy!! HEHEHE (Just a little Pats fan humor)
Old 03-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #48
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Great QB? Probably not. Heck of a fottball player, though. I don't see him as the seconf coming of Johnny Unitas, Todd, I just laugh at the people (not you) who don't give him one iota of credit for the Broncos turnaround and success, just say "Tim has a sucky arm". Well, Prince Fielder ain't much of a base stealer, but I'm glad to have him on the Tigers.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #49
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Great QB? Probably not. Heck of a fottball player, though. I don't see him as the seconf coming of Johnny Unitas, Todd, I just laugh at the people (not you) who don't give him one iota of credit for the Broncos turnaround and success, just say "Tim has a sucky arm". Well, Prince Fielder ain't much of a base stealer, but I'm glad to have him on the Tigers.
Tebow Will Succeed Eventually, Wherever He Goes. A Class Act, IMO!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #50
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am still not ready to say he's a great football player. Not sure if he's a "one year wonder" yet. Time will tell. I remember when Cordell Stewart first came on the scene and he did an unbelievable job the first year, then teams caught on.
Switch him to a fullback or something then we might have a different topic
Old 03-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #51
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I wasn't just basing my opinion on 1 year with the Broncos. He has a fairly decent college career playing football as well.