Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
FUEL
Just 6 days...

First Name: James
Trading: (0)
Partagas
FUEL is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Cigar health issues...do you guys ever worry about it???

Just kinda curious. I was a casual cig smoker in my drinking days and was about a pack to a pack and a quarter smoker for 1.5 years before I quit. I am a recovering alcoholic (sober 9 months on the 8th) but thankfully I was a short term "hard drinker" for only 16 months or so I know some potential long term health issues are a maybe a result of those two. The quitting booze helped with the memory so it might sound odd, I'm not worried about adverse affects of the drinking as long as I remain sober, which I never plan to drink again. Or at least until I'm 70 and can be the old creepy guy at the club ogling the college girls lmao.

As the title asks, do you ever think about the consequences or the possibility / potential of the consequences of long term cigar smoking or suffered any thus far in your stogie career? Curious from the perspective of those that just mouth the smoke and those that retro-hale as well. When I started learning to retro-hale it opened up a whole new dimension so admittedly I have read not to do it consistently but on a stick say the size of a Undercrown Corona Viva! I retro a good 1/3rd of it. I can smoke a La Flor Dominican Double Ligero Digger on an empty stomach and not get a nic buzz and retro a good 3" of that 8 1/2" x 60 RG stick if that says anything.

In-between quitting smoking and picking up cigars again, I went for 1.5 years with no nicotine with the exception of last June when I was in LA for the Kings vs. Devils Stanley Cup games 3 & 4. I thought I'm on vacation, one pack won't hurt. I had two cigs and I thought I was going to have to go to the ER as my chest felt like an elephant was sitting on it or both my lungs collapsed. From that day on I knew / know I'll never smoke another cig again so I don't worry about a nic addiction from cigars.

My quantity has dropped of SIGNIFICANTLY since my humis decided to grow wings at 50mph in my catastrophic moving disaster and I moved to a "soft crash" place until I get back on my feet again that is not herf friendly. So went from about 2-3 a day (so up to 21 a week) to now maybe if I am lucky 2-4 a week.

Thoughts???

J.

Last edited by FUEL; 06-02-2013 at 12:59 AM. Reason: changed title
FUEL is offline   Reply With Quote