Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Tea Reviews

Old 02-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Lapsang Souchong

Lapsang Souchong (also known as Russian Caravan) is a black tea from the Fujian province in China. This tea is smoked over a fire of pine needles and has a smokey flavor with hints of pine and earth. I tried this tea with and without honey, and I'd recommend it with a bit of honey as it seems to round it out a bit more and compliments the smokiness well.

As far as what cigar would go with this, I would suggest a bold/robust cigar, possibly an Escencia or Illusione. I would not, however, suggest one drink this with a cigar they have not smoked before. The smokiness in this tea lingers in the mouth for a long time, (in fact I can still recall the taste exactly) and can/will overpower any subtle flavors you might be looking for in yoru cigar.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:06 AM   #2
Marcello
Under the Apple Tree

First Name: Marcello
Trading: (0)
Cuaba
Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lapsang Souchong

Always been a favourite of mine. My grandfather used to brew a pot of this. I don't think he would have an Escencia or Illusione, something lighter, perhaps a Quai d'Orsay or something.

You say you can still recall the taste of the tea. As I can I, and the smell of the cigar, if not the taste of that too...
Marcello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
Robulous78

Default Re: Lapsang Souchong

Will have to look into finding a blend like this, Thanks for the review