Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough
Default Tatuaje RC 184

Sorry, I have no pictures for this review since I was out walking when I smoked this one. My first impressions of this cigar is that it smelled real good out of the celo with a ton of veins like a weightlifter with about 3% body fat. The shape reminds me of a giant Oliva special G so I was hoping the burn would be the same as that cigar.

predraw and draw on this wasn't as good as I expected. It was a little tight so I would give that 6/10

As I am getting through the first inch or so, the ash was horrible. after about 2 inches it started to level off and burned nicely 8/10.

Not much flavor for the first 1/3 and I was hoping for such an expensive stick that it would pick up as I went through it. The taste is very mild and I can't really say what flavors that I picked up.

Second 1/3 the same thing for flavors not much of anything. Just real mild and I am still not picking up much of anything in terms of flavor. I tried snorkling it and still not much of anything. Although for such a mild type of cigar it did burn the nose quite a bit.

The last third, well I didn't finish. With a one dimensional taste throughout with no flavors that I could really pick up, it was time to toss this thing.

For the price of this cigar it was a major disappointment. I think I would probably put it in the dog rocket status and probably wouldn't smoke this even at a $3 price tag. I have a box of these so maybe I will try one more and see if anything else becomes of it. If anybody is a big fan of these let me know. I have plenty.

Final rating of this cigar is 2/10.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
heavyd has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tatuaje RC 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarr View Post
Sorry, I have no pictures for this review since I was out walking when I smoked this one.
That must have been one hell of a walk! Feet hurt?

Sorry about your experience. I love these big boys but never have the time for them.

"You can't get to wonderful without passing through alright." ~Bill Withers
heavyd is offline   Reply With Quote