Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-08-2022, 01:14 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default CAO Arcana Firewalker

https://www.caocigars.com/cigars/firewalker/

So, I got this cigar in a cigars daily sampler at a heavy discount and one of these came along with is. I was fascinated with the idea that the tobacco was fermented by burying it in the soil for 2 months and then taken out for another 4 month fermentation in the traditional way. I guess it was the way natives had fermented their tobacco prior to our more traditional way now. It's probably just a novelty but I wanted to try it and review it for you today. So, let's start the review and see if it offers anything new or exciting!

Wrapper: a beautiful milk chocolates wrapper with tight visible seams, minimal veins and a single cap with a pigtail

Pre-light/Draw: preflight aromas are sweet hay, grass, green tea and some earthiness. Draw is VERY loose almost too much for me.

chocolate, earthiness, coffee with cream, the earthiness has a distinct flavor to it that is hard to explain but not unpleasant, cinnamon, baking spices, finish is creamy but not oily, lots of smoke on this cigar, white pepper, you really have to be very careful with this draw it is way too loose, spanish cedar, dried walnuts,

deep earthiness/soil, chocolate, dried walnuts with a slight bitterness, white pepper, cedar, finish is creamy if not a little thin, after taking the band off one of the seams came loose but it hasn’t effected the binder, So far I can’t see what makes this more special than a famous 3000 bundle cigar, some coffee,

I quit the cigar after this because it was boring me to tears. I hate quitting but i'd rather smoke something i live versus an expensive cigar that bores me. Thankfully I didn't pay full retail for it so I don't feel so bad leaving it to die. Sorry for the bad review today. This is just a gimmick and nothing more

Ash/Burn: Ash was packed well with little shedding. I've ALWAYS had burn issues with larger RG cigars and this was no exception.

Final Thoughts: If I'm being honest i've never been a huge fan of anything CAO makes. It's hard for me to give this cigar a good review. The flavors are there but they just don't blend that well together. I just don't see what's so special about this cigar over a famous 3000 bundle stick. This cigar carries a rather hefty MSRP so for $14 it needs to be special and it's just not that special. not only did it have burn issues but it kept going out on me and not for my lack of puffing either. Basically buy yourself a famous brand bundle instead of this cigar. It's just not that special to me for what it costs and the amount of effort that went into it. it also needed to be sweeter with this blend. Well, i'm sorry for a bad review but i call them like i see them. God bless you all!
Old 03-09-2022, 07:52 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: CAO Arcana Firewalker

They can't all be winners Jason!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote