Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 05-28-2022, 10:01 AM   #3561
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice
Default Re: What's the last movie you watched II?

Silence of the Lambs
Old 05-28-2022, 11:37 AM   #3562
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Hand of Death
36th Chamber of Shaolin
Return to the 36th Chamber
The Five Venoms
Fearless
The Osterman Weekend.
First time i think i have ever watched this entire movie at least in 30 years ... 42 years old and way ahead of it's time
Quote:
"What you've just witnessed is, in many ways, a life-sized video game. You saw a liar talk to a killer and you couldn't tell them apart. But hey, it's only television. As you may know, television programs are just the filler between attempts to steal your money. So if you want to save some, turn me off. It's a simple movement, done with the hand and what is left of your free will. The moment is now. My bet is you can't do it. But go ahead and try."

"Am I still on?"
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 03:19 PM   #3563
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Queen of Blood - Dennis Hopper and John Saxon ... for every great Dennis Hopper movies there are 5 shlock ones
Old 05-30-2022, 05:30 PM   #3564
AdamJoshua

Black Dynamite

Quote:
That cat is Black Dynamite, he drives a $5000 car and wears a one hundred dollar suit!
"I'm declaring war on anybody that sells drugs in our community!"

"But Black Dynamite I sell drugs in our community!"
Old 05-30-2022, 06:46 PM   #3565
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Black Dynamite

"I'm declaring war on anybody that sells drugs in our community!"

"But Black Dynamite I sell drugs in our community!"
I love that movie. The first time I watched it I about fell out of my chair cracking up when one of the characters was stating stage directions as part of his lines. It helps that I caught a lot of the blaxploitation films on late-night TV in the late 70s-early 80s.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:48 PM   #3566
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
I love that movie. The first time I watched it I about fell out of my chair cracking up when one of the characters was stating stage directions as part of his lines. It helps that I caught a lot of the blaxploitation films on late-night TV in the late 70s-early 80s.
Michael Jai White wrote the screen play and was the man behind the movie i'm thinking the stage direction was actually just him being the director during the scenes He has had a great career and is still active and in a ton of things and has studied a bunch of different martial arts.

Now i've moved on to the classic blaxploitation movies, tonight I'm watching Dolomite ... wow so bad
Old 06-01-2022, 07:58 AM   #3567
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Michael Jai White wrote the screen play and was the man behind the movie i'm thinking the stage direction was actually just him being the director during the scenes He has had a great career and is still active and in a ton of things and has studied a bunch of different martial arts.

Now i've moved on to the classic blaxploitation movies, tonight I'm watching Dolomite ... wow so bad
When you've finished Scream, Blacula Scream, Foxy Brown, Shaft Goes to Africa and Get Coffey, try a newer member of the genre.... Pootie Tang.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:34 AM   #3568
AdamJoshua

Last night was Monkey Hustle with Yaphet Kotto ....
Old 06-02-2022, 04:23 PM   #3569
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Last night was Monkey Hustle with Yaphet Kotto ....
Any cigars?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #3570
AdamJoshua

Working through the Pink panther movies, a little out of order but currently watching A Shot in the Dark
Old 06-23-2022, 06:46 PM   #3571
AdamJoshua

I wasted some of my life watching The Curse if the Pink Panther. First time in a very long time that when i got up i didn’t bother to pause a movie.

It’s interesting because to me Sellers wasn’t the main attraction, star billing yes but Herbert Lom was the the draw to me, after watching this movie it just goes to show you that without Sellers it was garbage.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:50 PM   #3572
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wasted some of my life watching The Curse if the Pink Panther. First time in a very long time that when i got up i didn’t bother to pause a movie.

It’s interesting because to me Sellers wasn’t the main attraction, star billing yes but Herbert Lom was the the draw to me, after watching this movie it just goes to show you that without Sellers it was garbage.
Yep, that one's a piece of crap. I think that was the second PP film after Sellers' death that attempted to cash in on the Clouseau character. Rather ghoulish if you ask me.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:03 PM   #3573
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
Yep, that one's a piece of crap. I think that was the second PP film after Sellers' death that attempted to cash in on the Clouseau character. Rather ghoulish if you ask me.
Yah and bringing back Niven and Wagner and the other cast was just that, trying to make a buck, Niven died right before it was released too.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:04 PM   #3574
AdamJoshua

Latest movie i watched, if you know the link you'll know the movie.

"in ten minutes you'll be smokin' in hell"
Old 06-25-2022, 03:24 PM   #3575
AdamJoshua

Silver Blaze from 1941 - Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson .. interesting note Watson is played by Ian Fleming of James Bond fame, long before he wrote the Bond novels.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:46 PM   #3576
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

New Jurassic World and Lightyear
Old 06-25-2022, 05:35 PM   #3577
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Rewatching the end of Denzel's The Equalizer at the moment, so this is the latest I've watched.

As for the LAST movie I watched, I cannot possibly answer that, and it is highly unlikely I shall ever be able to do so.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:55 PM   #3578
AdamJoshua

Warlock (1959)

Western from the days of all star casts: Henry Fonda, Richard Widmark, Anthony Quinn, DeForest Kelley, just to name a few and a very young Frank Gorshin in an uncredited role even though he was one of the secondary characters.
Old 07-03-2022, 12:07 PM   #3579
AdamJoshua

Al Bundy’s favorite movie Hondo
Old 07-03-2022, 01:37 PM   #3580
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

Airplane