Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-24-2022, 12:10 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default La Palina Family series - Pasha

So this is another Christmas cigar I've been saving for my birthday. This comes in it's own nifty little coffin. I literally know nothing about this cigar other than what the flavor text tells me about it. It's beautiful cigar with a shaggy foot and I can't wait to try it. So, here is review Number two for the day. Let's start the review!

Wrapper: Beautiful milk chocolate wrapper, one very small vein with a shaggy foot, Double capped. Just a beautiful looking cigar

Draw: a little loose but not bad

very sweet tobacco to start, very creamy finish, cedar, cinnamon, vanilla, the first inch has no wrapper so I’m curious to see how the flavors change once i hit it, dried fruits, white pepper, hints of cocoa, earthiness, woodiness, The flavor profile has changed since hitting the wrapper. it’s less rugged and more mellow and creamy,

maple, earthiness, slightly creamy finish now, dried fruits, kola nuts, cedar, chocolate, white pepper, Flavors have become more refine now that I’m on the wrapper, So, far it’s a very creamy, mellow cigar, pepper becoming more prominent , Slight buzz on the tongue, Almost reminds me of FSG tobacco in flavors,

earthiness, pepper, leather, coffee, kola nuts, creamy finish, hints of vanilla, cedar, slight maple,

Ash/Burn: Ash was white, well packed and constructed. Burn was fairly even requiring only a few small touch ups

Final Thoughts: So this was a completely new to me experience in that I've never heard of La Palina so i was excited to try a new cigar brand to me. Flavors in the first 1/3rd were a little unrefined and rugged but once i hit the wrapper the cigar settled down into a refined very mellow cigar. This is a creamy finish cigar and all of it's flavors are very mellow which i enjoy sometimes. Is this cigar worth the money and packaging? Eh, not really. It's a very good cigar but i wouldn't pay over $10 for it if i was buying it. To be worth the price tag of over $20 a cigar really needs to be special. I get it that the brand really loves this cigar and how special it is to them but to me the average joe smoker i've had bundle sticks that smoked just as good as this and a fraction of the price. So, if this sort of mellow cigar is your thing and you can afford it then this is your cigar but for me to try another would mean it would have to be HEAVILY discounted or gifted to me like this one was. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this 2nd review of the day from me and have a blessed day! God bless you all!
Old 02-25-2022, 07:56 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: La Palina Family series - Pasha

Thank you Jason! HBD again!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote