Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Heads up our Fla BOTL, TS Isaac

Depression 9 is now a tropical storm, 40 mph winds. Projected to reach hurricane status mid afternoon Thursday as it passes Puerto Rico. Current path projects dead over central Cuba Monday, and hooking straight for the Keys. Keep your eyes on this storm if you are in the area, or plan on visiting the area. This one could impact a large part of Florida (if it keeps to projected path).

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...83970050_n.jpg
Old 08-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: Heads up our Fla BOTL, TS Isaac

We have been watching it. Still to far out to know exact impact. Hoping it turns north before Florida.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Gonna keep an eye on this one.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Eric, feel free to head up here if you are threatened by the storm.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Keeping an eye on this, still too far out to be concerned though
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

hurricane party?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
hurricane party?
Figures!!! Florida folks are often to hurricanes like California folks are to earthquakes!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg-zwba7l5w
Old 08-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Eric, you might want to stay away from Larry's house for awhile.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #9
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Figures!!! Florida folks are often to hurricanes like California folks are to earthquakes!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg-zwba7l5w
I mean I'm not allowed to evacuate anyways so why not have a party
Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #10
Hem
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bill
Trading: (13)
Partagas
Hem will become famous soon enough

Feel free to come to Tampa Hurricane Herf for the win! My rents may be coming up from the Keys if it gets too crazy down there..hopefully this one will steer clear from all of us or at least hit as a depression.
Hem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
hurricane party?
Come on DOWN!!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Eric, you might want to stay away from Larry's house for awhile.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #13
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Eric, feel free to head up here if you are threatened by the storm.
Thanks for the offer! I won't be back in town til Saturday as I am going to Pensecola to drop my son off at school. Marci already did her regular hurricane shopping this am and we won't think of putting up shutters til Sunday depending on which way the storm really goes.

Just my son's luck the storm will go out into the gulf and hit Pensecola just in time for the start of school!

Gotta love living in South Florida!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #14
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

It will be an absolute mess in N. FL if we get much wind. We have had so much rain the last few days that the ground is pretty saturated. These big old oaks will topple like Powers after too much Jack if we have 50+ MPH winds.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #15
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
It will be an absolute mess in N. FL if we get much wind. We have had so much rain the last few days that the ground is pretty saturated. These big old oaks will topple like Powers after too much Jack if we have 50+ MPH winds.

Stay safe everyone.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #16
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Another one that ought to get here in tme for my birthday! Happens almost every year
Old 08-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
What he said...I now have lake front property. My back yard
Old 08-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #18
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
Thanks for the offer! I won't be back in town til Saturday as I am going to Pensecola to drop my son off at school. Marci already did her regular hurricane shopping this am and we won't think of putting up shutters til Sunday depending on which way the storm really goes.

Just my son's luck the storm will go out into the gulf and hit Pensecola just in time for the start of school!

Gotta love living in South Florida!!!
Damn, Eric! You may be closer than you think about Pensacola. Isaac now appears to be tracking further south, which puts him away from the disruptions of Hispanola, and over warmer waters. If track holds, much more likely to be a stronger storm, and to be a gulf storm, more likely to hit the panhandle.

A NOAA Gulfstream IV will be flying thru storm in a little while which will help pinpoint the center of the storm, and give a better track forecast. Sp tomorrow will give a better picture.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #19
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

The track I saw this morning has it a little more west in direction and unfortunately on a direct path to New Orleans.

It's a large storm, wider than Florida and the warm gulf waters could bring it up to a cat 2.

I sorta liken hurricanes to a bowling ball my 7 year old just sent down the lane; there is no way to know where it's headed, but keep your eyes on it.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #20
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing my Florida friends a few rain drops and hopes that Isaac thing blows right on by (no pun intended).