Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #5561
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: I had a great cigar today thanks to......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday View Post
Oh wow I actually just smoked on of those earlier today, haha what a coincidence!

I have to agree, I'd read some lackluster reviews on a lot of Habanos' Anejados lines, but I quite enjoyed the Partagas Coronas Gordas as well! First half was good, but the last 1/2 was especially great.
I've been through a few boxes, and I really liked them right from the start. Not sure I buy the "Anejado story", but I don't care since I dig 'em. One thing I have noticed after smoking from several boxes, I like the light wrappered ones quite a bit better than the darker ones. No, Adam, it's not racist.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:57 AM   #5562
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I've been through a few boxes, and I really liked them right from the start. Not sure I buy the "Anejado story", but I don't care since I dig 'em. One thing I have noticed after smoking from several boxes, I like the light wrappered ones quite a bit better than the darker ones. No, Adam, it's not racist.
said every racist ever!! ....I like the Anejado line in general...
Old 03-21-2020, 08:29 AM   #5563
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Re: I had a great cigar today thanks to......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
said every racist ever!! ....I like the Anejado line in general...
It's okay he has friends that smoke dark wrappers, so there's no *possible* way he could be racist.

But okay yeah Tom I just looked at my box and while I don't have any others to compare them to, the wrappers look to be on the more lighter side - so it appears I might have lucked out!
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:14 PM   #5564
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I'm happy you did. Michael! I hate dark wrappers!!

I keed, I keed! I love all shades of leaf equally.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:04 AM   #5565
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: I had a great cigar today thanks to......

El Rey Del Mundo Toro - courtesy of RevSmoke/Todd! I'll admit this one is just a bit too much on the light side body-wise for my fancy, but made for a fine breakfast smoke. Lots of subtle flavors and complexities going on in this cigar, thanks Todd!!
Old 03-26-2020, 09:18 PM   #5566
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:

El Rey Del Mundo Toro - courtesy of RevSmoke/Todd! I'll admit this one is just a bit too much on the light side body-wise for my fancy, but made for a fine breakfast smoke. Lots of subtle flavors and complexities going on in this cigar, thanks Todd!!
My point exactly! Something more mild to start the day and you go heavier as your tastebuds need a bit more to taste. It is a contemplative cigar...one you need to ponder and enjoy!

Glad you liked it.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:10 AM   #5567
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

DennisP for a lovely LFDC Short Robusto RE Reino Unido
Posted via Mobile Device
massphatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:08 AM   #5568
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

2015 Oliva Serie V Corona (or Petite Corona?) - I had been eyeing this one in the sampler RevSmoke sent, smoking absolutely beautifully...just what I'd expect from a Serie V but more intense flavor due to the vitola and 10 times smoother than some of the younger Serie V's I've had.

Thanks Todd for another great smoke!!
Old 04-21-2020, 06:49 PM   #5569
massphatness

ERdM

60's Ramon Allones courtesy of GTS ... thanks Eric - it was amazing!
Old 04-26-2020, 11:12 AM   #5570
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA
Smile Re: I had a great cigar today thanks to......

Wow Vin that's really cool!

Another from RevSmoke -

2009 Litto Gomez - quite possibly the finest Dominican I have smoked to date...Rev/Todd described it as what an Opus X should be, and I couldn't agree more, absolutely spectacular...a cigar worthy of a review if my phone wasn't about to die, d'oh. Big thanks to Todd for this one, definitely my favorite out of his sampler so far.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:22 AM   #5571
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

I couldn’t wait. Smoked this 601 Steel ROTT from the package gomeitsmybday sent my way. Right up my alley!!!

Old 04-28-2020, 08:07 AM   #5572
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
I couldn’t wait. Smoked this 601 Steel ROTT from the package gomeitsmybday sent my way. Right up my alley!!!

Really glad to hear that! I believe they've been coming out of AJs San Lotano factory since 2016 and while I haven't had the old DPG 601s, I'm really liking the new ones.

They seem to go under the radar, cigarauctioneer always seems to have plenty of 601 Steels at killer prices (I've seen below $3 a stick) and the last box I got was already a couple years old, so yeah I think it's become a new staple for me.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:50 AM   #5573
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

Partagas Serie P #2 - Back again but this time with one from Weelock! Acquired from our most recent trade, this is the first one out of that trade I've smoked and it's one heck of a cigar, slow burn & jam packed with flavor.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #5574
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Love those Partagas cigars. Glad you enjoyed that cigar as well.

Quote:

Partagas Serie P #2 - Back again but this time with one from Weelock! Acquired from our most recent trade, this is the first one out of that trade I've smoked and it's one heck of a cigar, slow burn & jam packed with flavor.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:33 PM   #5575
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

From gomeitsmybday. I am working my way through the bomb he trashed me with and tried two cigars he recommended. As in all things, everyone’s tastes and desires are unique so one was a hit and the other good but a few things I OCD on that made it not as favorable to myself.

First up, Sinestro The Last Cowboy. Band is awesome, love the name, cigar foot is crazy and I had to look it up. It’s Candela wrapped around the foot. The cigar is strong on the mouth so that is full body for myself and quite a bit of pepper. This cigar had a lot of flavor but definitely dominated by the body. I found the strength to be full as well and smoked this corona for an hour and a half. This is a great cigar and I would definitely buy this cigar.

The Crook and Crown by Stolen Thrones had a lot of flavor and good strength but I got hung up on the Indonesian dry mouth finish. The Indonesian tobacco is pretty strong and adds some nice flavor balance but left my mouth parched even after a drink of beer. This cigar tastes great but I would pass on buying any however I did just get a petite robust in a sampler hah!!! I will be able to do a second opinion

Old 05-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #5576
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA
Thumbs up Re: I had a great cigar today thanks to......

Quote:
From gomeitsmybday. I am working my way through the bomb he trashed me with and tried two cigars he recommended. As in all things, everyone’s tastes and desires are unique so one was a hit and the other good but a few things I OCD on that made it not as favorable to myself.

First up, Sinestro The Last Cowboy. Band is awesome, love the name, cigar foot is crazy and I had to look it up. It’s Candela wrapped around the foot. The cigar is strong on the mouth so that is full body for myself and quite a bit of pepper. This cigar had a lot of flavor but definitely dominated by the body. I found the strength to be full as well and smoked this corona for an hour and a half. This is a great cigar and I would definitely buy this cigar.

The Crook and Crown by Stolen Thrones had a lot of flavor and good strength but I got hung up on the Indonesian dry mouth finish. The Indonesian tobacco is pretty strong and adds some nice flavor balance but left my mouth parched even after a drink of beer. This cigar tastes great but I would pass on buying any however I did just get a petite robust in a sampler hah!!! I will be able to do a second opinion

I appreciate the fair and honest reviews, looking forward to smoking more out of your end of the sampler!
Old 05-02-2020, 07:11 PM   #5577
Snook
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Leo
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
Snook is on a distinguished road

Quote:

That Sinistro Last Cowboy is now on my must-try list. I would've passed it off as a gimmick cigar otherwise. Thanks for reviewing it.
Snook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:41 AM   #5578
massphatness

ERdM

ERDM Dunhill Seleccion No. 98 from GTS21. So good -- I've heard ERDM described as the poor man's Davidoff, and this one fit that description perfectly. Thanks again, Eric.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #5579
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

@ Snook if you like a strong, flavorfully spicy cigar then you absolutely need to try them, just make sure you get the Maduro version, as I believe the natural is less strong.

@ Vin another impressive cigar!!

Cigar Federation The Collective Toro - another from Weelock's sampler, this was a nice surprise! I read up on it before lighting, and it started off flavorful but maybe a bit lighter than expected, as the description says it's has Ligero in the blend. 1/3 the way in, the cigar ratcheted up in strength and I figured out where the Ligero was hiding!
Very flavorful cigar, thanks to Weelock!
Old 05-03-2020, 10:27 AM   #5580
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

*correction* that was Medio tiempo, not Ligero in that blend!