Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
badbriar

Default San Cristobal Elegancia Robusto

This is probably the cigar with the most perfect appearance and construction I've ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous, light brown wrapper and cap. Almost invisible seams and nary a vein to be seen.
Inviting pre-light aroma of spices and cedar. Cold draw was tight, but manageable and gave lots of complex flavors of sweet baking spices and toast. First draw was same, along with mild cocoa and sweet grass. Very nice start! Burn was very good - no issues at all throughout the smoke. Lots of thick white smoke, ash hung on well with no flaking. Very refined cigar. Taste evolved quite a bit, with the sweetness slowly fading and was replaced by cedar, mild earthiness, nuts and nice leather. A lot going on for a mild stick.
Only down side was that this stogie got rather hot from the 3" point down. Got too hot at 2", so I put it down at that point. Never had such a hot smoke, even though I was taking my time and drawing lightly so as to enjoy the abundance of flavors. Good cigar, but kind of a high price point if you buy at retail.
IMHO, 8 / 10
RR
Old 07-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice
Default Re: San Cristobal Elegancia Robusto

I agree with everything you have there except I have never had one get hot on me.
Nice review of a very nice stick.

Thanks
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote