Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
Flatsix
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Partagas
Flatsix is on a distinguished road
Default Any ECHL fans at the Asylum?

I've been a Kings fan for a long time but with the recent ownership Phil Anshutz $&#@!! I couldn't bring myself to purchase another season of tickets for a major market team with major market pricing that is in a perpetual state of rebuilding. We're about 40 miles directly east of Los Angeles and the next city over built an arena and put in an ECHL team. I bought into a group of 6 season seats shared with guys on my men's league hockey team.

The team is The Ontario Reign.

The attendance is about 4000 on a good night, tickets are affordable, I don't pay for parking, my seats are 10 rows off the ice about center, everyone is really into it, 99% look like hockey fans and this is a lot of fun. The team skates hard every night and puts on an entertaining game. If you like fights, there's one just about every game and last night there were 3. Only a handfull of these guys will ever see NHL ice so they give it everything they've got every night.

If you've got an ECHL or WHL affiliate in town, check them out!
Flatsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any ECHL fans at the Asylum?

No ECHL team in Chicago, but we have an NHL, AHL and a couple Junior teams. If we had an ECHL team, I would support them...I love hockey on any level.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (19)
Cohiba
romwarrior is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I used to go to Long Beach Ice Dogs games quite a bit. Pretty entertaining. Nothing beats the NHL, but I live far away (south OC) from my favorite team so what can you do? I go see the Kings when they play in Anaheim, but otherwise it's difficult. I wish we had an AHL team around here because I really like to watch future NHL'ers and the ECHL doesn't have too many of those. Although the Kings are pretty close to an AHL team right now, but I actually think that is a GOOD thing since they have finally, truly entered the rebuilding phase. No more of these attempted short rebuildings that never work. This is the first year in a long time that I WOULD buy season tickets (if I could). Even when they lose they are still entertaining and you can see more hope in the future than in a long time.
romwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Having grown up and spent most of my life in Florida I know pretty much squat about hockey. I did live in Vail CO for 8 years though and there was a team there. I am not sure of the level, but I think it was semi-pro. We used to have an absolute blast at the games. It was a community event that was not to be missed.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
icurrie
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Iain
Trading: (16)
SLR
icurrie is on a distinguished road

I am a huge Canuck's fan, luckily I live in Winnipeg where their AHL team, the Manitoba Moose, play. They are also associated with the ECHL Victoria Salmon Kings. I also like to watch the Brandon Wheat Kings of the WHL, great hockey. everyone is out there to prove something and leave it all on the ice.
icurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
WarMace

Huge ECHL fan here from Cincinnati, home of the Kelly Cup champions (sadly, they're not representing too well this year.) Tickets are only $10 here so it is the best value around. I prefer watching these guys over the NHL. The skill level is lower but they seem to play with a bit more passion.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #7
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

In Georgia, used to go see the Augusta Lynx every chance I got. (The Lynx used to be the Raleigh Ice Caps).

Funny thing... I moved to Raleigh - and now I am a season ticket holder for the Hurricanes. Love me some Hockey.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (19)
Cohiba
romwarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
In Georgia, used to go see the Augusta Lynx every chance I got. (The Lynx used to be the Raleigh Ice Caps).
R.I.P. Augusta Lynx...
romwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
spooble
Palmetto State Herf Crew

First Name: Chad
Trading: (58)
ERdM
spooble will become famous soon enough

I used to go see the Greenville Grrrowl a good bit, but we lost them. Not enough hockey supporters in this area I guess.
spooble is offline   Reply With Quote