Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default The World's Largest Indoor Kart Race...watch it live!

Hello again all my buds and mortal enemies....It's that time of year again, time for me to cover
the greatest race in America (in my opinion). This year the broadcast will be available FREE of charge
on Ustream and as an $8 pay per view on Todocast, both available here. www.onikc.com

You simply click "WATCH IT LIVE" and it takes you to the portal where you select $8 or FREE.
The Free show has all the problems of Ustream on a holiday weekend, massive bandwidth
issues possible, pop up ads, and a small lo-fi viewer window.
The pay per view features chat, a 640x360 player window, no pop-up ads and full tech support.
Both shows are identical, just different viewing experiences. It's two days, Friday & Saturday
nights, (Nov 25-26) 6-12 midnight and the most intense and gritty action you can imagine.

And perhaps the only reason I publicize it here every year is, I am the director of the webcast.
What you see on the screen all passes through my fingers, from the placement of the cameras,
taping the cables to the floor, the camera calls, the talent cues, the mistakes in all their glory.

Additionally this year we have been producing a 60-90 minute show live from trackside, and all of
our shows are archived on the Ustream page and you can watch them all, in addition to our live
show tonight, Thanksgiving, when we turn the show over to the racers. Our hosts are Tom Baker of
Charlotte, NC and the not-as-famous as his brothers Bobby Waltrip of Concord, NC who actually
raced in this event 18 years or so ago. This is the 21st annual event, and I guarantee you will enjoy
it if you watch, especially with your kids. It's just a great, exciting, dramatic show. If you DO watch
our trackside archived shows, though, you can skip the Monday night Nov 21 show. I was DREADFUL.
Wed night is great. Those shows are available live via the "FREE" helmet icon, and the archived shows
are here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18689733
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The World's Largest Indoor Kart Race...watch it live!

to the top, tune in for this show tomorrow, you are going to LOVE this show, whether you watch the Ustream show for free or pony up the 8 bucks for the ppv show. This is absolutely the best entertainment you will experience this weekend. 6 to midnight for the main show, with practice and qualifying in the morning and early afternoon. The absolute best family entertainment you and your kids can have this weekend. Keep in mind this is everything from 7 year olds up to 60 year olds+ all racing their balls off for money. 80% of your top nascar drivers started in karting and this is a great, GREAT show. Even if you hate nascar, this is still FAsCINATING!
Old 11-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
OLS
Suck It

Worst T V night of the week tonight guys, tune in........I actually "sang" the national anthem last night
YIKESSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssss........
Old 11-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

If only I had internet at my house. I really don't want to sit at work all night lol.

Maybe from my iphone?
Old 11-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I'm watching. Pretty good racing from what I've seen so far.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
OLS
Suck It

I let the follow cameraman switch the races and took over his camera and he let the audio mix go even further out of
control than I had it. Tom's mic was constantly distorting and the motor sound too loud. But I made a ton of
mistakes, too, so it's fine. But I have to pay for mine tomorrow, he's paid and gone.
I appreciate someone watching!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I let the follow cameraman switch the races and took over his camera and he let the audio mix go even further out of
control than I had it. Tom's mic was constantly distorting and the motor sound too loud. But I made a ton of
mistakes, too, so it's fine. But I have to pay for mine tomorrow, he's paid and gone.
I appreciate someone watching!
I watched for about an hour or so. Pretty good stuff. I've never actually watched any kart racing before.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote