Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #41
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

(figured I'd move Skyrim convo from the Games thread.)

My biggest problem now is really cash for materials. A fully loaded loot run at L26/27 (or wherever I am) generally only brings in a thou or two at most, and that's only if I spend time agonizing about what to drop. It kills me to leave goodies behind. But I really don't want to console mode my encumberance limits.

Alchemy has been good to me as far as cash goes. Components weigh 0.1 generally and potions sell pretty good. But I just pick them up as I go. Wandering around in the woods looking for unmolested bushes would make me tear my eyes out.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #42
4WheelVFR
Wild'n since '87

First Name: Ray
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
4WheelVFR has a spectacular aura about4WheelVFR has a spectacular aura about

I make money by smithing. I'm a level 81 or so smith now. Any weapons or armor that I loot, I improve before selling. I've got my cash up to 12k.....which isn't a lot, but not bad.
4WheelVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #43
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Last night I noodled around a bit and found that iron daggers enchanted with drain health sold for several hundred gold. So I made... I dunno 40-50 of them.

Now my biggest concern is running out of soul gems.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:10 AM   #44
4WheelVFR
Wild'n since '87

Montecristo

So, what level and how many hours is everyone at? I'm at level 42 with my smithing up to 100. I have no idea how many hours of gameplay.....way too many. Also, the lag on the PS3 is annoying. Hoping the update next week helps that issue.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:19 AM   #45
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I went ahead and created a new character. Both of mine are 100 smithing

Level 37 Orc Sword/Shield
Level 33 Khajiit Sneak/Bow, working on daggers soon but I haven't found a need for them yet.

Really digging the sneaky Khajiit. I never die. Arrows do HUGE damage.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #46
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Early 30s, Stealth/Bow/1H Imperial.

Stealth pinned, lock picking and pickpocketing in the 50s (but those are a headache to level.)

Smithing I think is in the 70s someplace. Enchantment and Alchemy are finally starting to come up pretty quickly.

I really want to crank up the magic skills but I'll never have enough perk points to do the uber build (if only I knew what level cap really was) so I'll probably build another toon.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #47
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR View Post
I make money by smithing. I'm a level 81 or so smith now. Any weapons or armor that I loot, I improve before selling. I've got my cash up to 12k.....which isn't a lot, but not bad.
Add enchantments to your daggers. It does amazing things to the selling price
Old 11-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #48
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Do the Dark Brotherhood quests, Theives guild. Many caves in that line make you TONS of gold.

My Khajiit has 40,000 gold and a house in White Run with all the furnishings. I find that no matter how much I spend I keep gaining gold. Spent 8,000 last level training.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:53 PM   #49
liltim
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Partagas MarineCorps (Disabled Vet)
liltim is on a distinguished road

I'm on deployment right now and everyone on the ship is playing this game. Definitely another treat from Bethesda. Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas should keep me busy for the next 7 months.
liltim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #50
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

So how worried should I be about gimping faction by doing things like Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood?

Still haven't picked a side in the war. The Thalmor suck but Ulfric's a dick.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #51
4WheelVFR
Wild'n since '87

Montecristo

Thieves guild was way too easy to go through. Just started on the Dark Brotherhood quests and it may be a better challenge for me, since I'm inclined towards heavy armor and 2 handed weapons......although my sneak, lockpick, and archery are pretty good too.
I will say that I liked the quest lines from the previous two games better. I miss the fighters and mages guilds, and they definitely took more time and effort to master. I've already effed up the college quests because the guy I need to talk to is locked in a ruin with no way to get to him lol.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #52
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR View Post
Thieves guild was way too easy to go through. Just started on the Dark Brotherhood quests and it may be a better challenge for me, since I'm inclined towards heavy armor and 2 handed weapons......although my sneak, lockpick, and archery are pretty good too.
I will say that I liked the quest lines from the previous two games better. I miss the fighters and mages guilds, and they definitely took more time and effort to master. I've already effed up the college quests because the guy I need to talk to is locked in a ruin with no way to get to him lol.
yeah the Mage college quest line really left me with an overwhelming "Yay...wait...that's it?" It's a little odd being called Archmage while having no casting skill above 25 or so.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #53
4WheelVFR
Wild'n since '87

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
yeah the Mage college quest line really left me with an overwhelming "Yay...wait...that's it?" It's a little odd being called Archmage while having no casting skill above 25 or so.
Yup, that's the sort of thing that's hurting this game for me. No game is perfect though and this one is still awesome.

On a side note, you know you've been playing too much skyrim when you go to city hall to pay your water bill and you ask for the jarl.....
Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #54
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

I'll take it though. The pacing is so much better than Oblivion. The rate at which vendors restock is nearly Monty Haulish.

I think tonight I'll grind smithing, then enchantment. I keep running out of petty gems.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #55
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

I hit level 48 last night. I finally realized that you unlock the new shouts by actually spending the souls. I thought that they unlocked when you hit a certain # automagically (it says something like "Renew: 30" - turns out that is 30 SECONDS until you can use it again. I'm a moron.). Been having lots of fun with my new found abilities

I'm at 96 archery, maxed out sneak, maxed out pickpocket, maxed out smithing, 85 light armor, and I just hit the 100,000 gold achievement.

I play this game way too much.
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #56
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
I hit level 48 last night. I finally realized that you unlock the new shouts by actually spending the souls. I thought that they unlocked when you hit a certain # automagically (it says something like "Renew: 30" - turns out that is 30 SECONDS until you can use it again. I'm a moron.). Been having lots of fun with my new found abilities

I'm at 96 archery, maxed out sneak, maxed out pickpocket, maxed out smithing, 85 light armor, and I just hit the 100,000 gold achievement.

I play this game way too much.
Posted via Mobile Device
ya know I'm actually having trouble raising weapon and armor skills. 1h, Archery and Light armor are all in the mid-late 50s.

Things just keep dying too fast

After getting trounced by a couple giants early on (right outside Whiterun) I've been avoiding them like the plague. Last night I finally decided to knock off a couple of the giant bounty tasks I had. Snuck up, THWAP, dead. Orcish dagger with flame dmg on it. I just stood there and blinked a couple times, then spent an hour or so giant hunting.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #57
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Ok, it was time. I backed up my save game directory and started the Imperial Legion line. So far so good. But the AI of having a 'team' drives me nuts. Can't swing around a pair of swords very well with companions yelling at me to watch it.

No seriously guys, stand back and let me get the deathlord, otherwise he's just gonna kill all of you and I'll have to get him anyway.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #58
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Went through the Imperial questline. Fun stuff, but like I think we've found out about all the faction quests, it was a little too easy. Now that it's done, I'm surprised how little it really affects the world. I suppose it makes sense though.

In the meantime I tagged smithing 100, so I've got my dragon scale armor and have made a couple daedric daggers (with daedra hearts courtesy of the Mehrune's Razor line. Where do I get more?)

Now I just need to get enchanting pinned so I can double-enchant stuff.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #59
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

I self limit myself. I played the other night for about an hour, just leveling my blacksmithing, enchanting and alchemy.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #60
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
Went through the Imperial questline. Fun stuff, but like I think we've found out about all the faction quests, it was a little too easy. Now that it's done, I'm surprised how little it really affects the world. I suppose it makes sense though.

In the meantime I tagged smithing 100, so I've got my dragon scale armor and have made a couple daedric daggers (with daedra hearts courtesy of the Mehrune's Razor line. Where do I get more?)

Now I just need to get enchanting pinned so I can double-enchant stuff.
Vendors sell Daedra hearts. Halls of attainment mages college. Go to the second floor first room on the left. I forgot the dudes name. Hearts are like 700-850 gold though.

So I started a mage, there must be something I'm missing as it is painfully hard.

Level 14 mage Destruction/Conjure/Enchanting so far.