Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
shibby4781
Snozzberry Taster

First Name: Keith
Trading: (3)
shibby4781 is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone ever have pneumonia?

Thank goodness I don't but my buddy does. So here's the deal. Last night he texted me saying that he will be on light physical duty when we go camping at a music festival for 5 days in upstate NY this Wednesday because he was hospitalized with pneumonia last Sunday. He says his last dose of antibiotics is that Wednesday. Now from all the reading I have done I do not believe he should be making the trip. It is a dusty pollen filled environment with people smoking all kinds of things and we are sleeping in a 30 year old Coleman camper. He's 34ish and from what I know usually has fairly good health. I just don't think he has enough time to recover and should not expose himself to this risk? I know recovery time varies by the individual but has anyone had any experience with the recovery time? I mean hopefully he listens to his body but I doubt that he will and I really don't want it to come to the "Hey man, you can make that 5 hour drive yourself if you feel good enough to go?" Any advice would be greatly appreciated.