Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #41
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Illusione Ultra = Ultra bad!

Reporting my findings:

Very enjoybale cigar with a great draw and no burn issues!

BTW - It was the first cigar out of a newly opened box!

I think the OP should give these another chance.

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #42
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

Reporting my findings:

Very enjoybale cigar with a great draw and no burn issues!

BTW - It was the first cigar out of a newly opened box!

I think the OP should give these another chance.
Looks like you made the trip down... I wanted to stop by, but got tied up with work...
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #43
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
As to Dion's response. The problem with Email and texting is that it is one demential. He may have taken what you wrote vary serious and will follow up on it. I am sure he receives 100's of emails about his products (good and bad). I am impressed that at least he responded personally. He could have sent a canned response and just blow you off. I am not trying to make excuses for him, but look at what someone in his position deals with on a daily basses. just my two cents.
I agree, texting and e-mail do not convey the tone of a response; which often implies the good or ill-willed nature. I can surely understand your OP frustration at looking forward to a new cigar brand, being on a budget and having limited time (all of which I struggle with), but with a respected brand like Illusione I would suggest not letting one bad experience turn you off.

Illusione is right up there with my personal favorite non-CC brand and I haven't had a draw problem that I can recall.

PS - a glass of bourbon always buts things in perspective while you smoke

Old 09-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #44
D. Generate
El Dudarino

First Name: Dale
Trading: (1)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
D. Generate is on a distinguished road

If you're looking for perfection, you've got the wrong hobby. I've sat on on boxes of very expensive ELs for years to finally light one up on a special occasion only to find every cigar is plugged or a dud. It happens and if it completely ruins your night, then cigar smoking might not be for you.

I think Dion's response, both times, was spot on. I've smoked a fair few Illusiones and never had a problem with them. I frequent Fumare every time I'm back home in Reno and find Dion's service and merchandise to be top notch. I'm honestly not sure what the big fuss is here or why the need for a rant.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #45
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
As to Dion's response. The problem with Email and texting is that it is one demential. He may have taken what you wrote vary serious and will follow up on it. I am sure he receives 100's of emails about his products (good and bad). I am impressed that at least he responded personally. He could have sent a canned response and just blow you off. I am not trying to make excuses for him, but look at what someone in his position deals with on a daily basses. just my two cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
I agree, texting and e-mail do not convey the tone of a response; which often implies the good or ill-willed nature. I can surely understand your OP frustration at looking forward to a new cigar brand, being on a budget and having limited time (all of which I struggle with), but with a respected brand like Illusione I would suggest not letting one bad experience turn you off.

I agree this can be very misconstrued and appear out of context through e-mail and texting. How many times have we seen it happen on forums such as this one?!? Dion may have taken your e-mail as offensive, we don't know what you wrote or how it appeared to the reader, so it may just all be a missunderstanding. I was impressed with his fast response, but I too would have taken his reply negatively without knowing the depth of the original e-mail.
I have only had a couple Illusiones so far but none of them had any issues.
This is a great manufacturer and the cigar business is better with them in it, I would give them another try.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #46
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Hah well email sucks as a communication tool for sure. I'm impressed you got a response at all!! Try getting one out of Gracliff or Padron

I've had a few Illusione's with tough draws but they were smokable and tasty. Same goes for Don Pepin Torpedos which can have firm draws. Stems are a bummer too. But I'll still smoke the hell out of Illusione's and Pepins.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #47
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
On a personal level, I don't smoke Illusione's because I don't care for Dion's persona, or the weird ideas and thoughts he's put out there in the past. His response to you was really no surprise to me at all. As far as I'm concerned, he can suck it.
I can't get over this post! I have nothing against Dion and I love me some Illusione, but Scott's post is just to funny to ignore!