Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
SouthernSmoke
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (6)
Partagas
SouthernSmoke is on a distinguished road
Default Nestor Miranda Special Selection Lancero (Rosado)

This afternoon, decided to light up a stick I have no experience with. For some reason, I went on a lancero kick and managed to pick up a few of these a while back. Although I was not able to spend the typical Thursday evening with my gents in Ohio, the perfect weather in Georgia gave me a great opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the pollen.....I mean sunshine. To the stuff that matters

Appearance:
The cigar itself was very appealing. Nice shade of the wrapper. Quite veiny, though. Pigtail and all, I was very impressed with the overall quality thus far.

Construction:
I found one spongy spot just south of the band. Other than that, everything look right on point

1st Third:
The opening draws were a bit tight, but I have learned to expect this from most lancero's. I was loaded with notes of wood and cinnamon. The draw began to open up revealing lots of blue smoke. A creaminess began to appear as a late taste on the finish.

2nd Third:
The burn continued to be razor sharp. The lingering creaminess began to take over as the dominant flavor. Before I knew it, a bit of spice began to make its presence known. I can't quite pinpoint the type of spice, but it was similar to the cinnamon. The finish began to add a distinct taste of vanilla along with the overall creaminess.

Final Third:
The previously mentioned flavors are still dominant. However, they come and go. The changing flavors definitely add to the experience. The ash has held to about an inch at a time. I would definitely place this stick as a medium body as far as the nic-kick goes.

Overall Thoughts:
The cigar was definitely worth the price paid----$5.50. I thoroughly enjoyed the aroma of the cigar. I would definitely reccommend this to anybody looking to try a nice afternoon smoke or even a nice change up to a typically heavier stick.

Cheers
SouthernSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nestor Miranda Special Selection Lancero (Rosado)

Nice review!!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nestor Miranda Special Selection Lancero (Rosado)

Thanks for the review. We missed you yesterday. I won a box of Padron 3000 Maduros. You would have got one if you were sitting at the table
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote