Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
kansashat
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Alan
Trading: (0)
kansashat is on a distinguished road
Default I'm perplexed...

A little background info here. Recently an elderly neighbor on the corner to the north of my house, two doors up, passed away.

Her children, I assume, moved into the house. They have several children & several vehicles (decent cars & trucks).

They have thrown a loud party, throw trash (cups) in the yard, the man kicked his dog the other day in the front yard, etc.

Today, after I had gone to work, my doorbell rang & a guy selling steaks, (probably a meat scam of some kind), tried to sell my wife a box of Omaha Steaks (he had an Omaha Steaks logoed truck, but I don't think they ship in this way). He claimed that the lady on the corner ordered 2 boxes of Omaha Steaks & tried to pay for the steaks with a State Vision Visa card (welfare).
The card was refused, so he had 2 boxes of steaks that he had to unload. He agressively tried to sell the steaks to my wife, saying he would take cash, credit card, check, or Kansas State Vision card. She wisely refused.

Here's what bothers me. Are there actually people out there who can buy steaks (scammers or not) on welfare? WTF!!!! How can our system be so lax as to allow abuses like this?

Another one that bothers me...the girl that cleans my mother-in-law's house has a cash based cleaning business. Her husband goes to college & doesn't work. They live in a beautiful home that her grandmother provides rent free. They have a ski boat that they take to the lake on weekends. They drive nice cars. They have one child & they get welfare benefits. She has girls that work under her that work at a $17 hr rate, but only get paid $9 an hour.

I have a part time gig where I deliver meals on wheels to old ppl who really need the service & most of them pay $3.50 a meal for them. I go to my real job 90 minutes after I get off from this job. I feel humbled & honored to be able to work this public service job for minimum wage.

I guess I just don't get what the bloody hell is going on in this country.
kansashat is offline   Reply With Quote