Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #41
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whos your pick for the Masters?

Phil and Tiger made it fun! I was pulling for Kenny at the end, but Angel really battled... especially with that shot in the trees.

I love this tournament!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #42
Junior

I would love to have seen Kenny win considering the circumstances, but unfortunately he has a tendency to fall apart when the pressure is on, and during a interview he was talking like this may have been his last year at the Masters. He had a lot of worries on his mind this past week. I can tell you one thing from personal experience. You will never meet a nicer and more generous caring man. I gave him a Autism pin that he wore on his hat for the rest of the season a couple of years ago. He also took an interest in my son, and checks up on him every once and a while.

Some of you may have noticed the blue bracelet that he wore during the tournament, and wondered what it was for. Well I will tell you. It was in memory of a child he took an interest a couple of years. His final wish was to play a round of golf with Kenny. Kenny took him to Olde Stone where the Junior Ryder Cup was held this year, and spent some time with him as well.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #43
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Good story... I hope he comes back... he is certainly able to after this years finish. Sounds like a great guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I would love to have seen Kenny win considering the circumstances, but unfortunately he has a tendency to fall apart when the pressure is on, and during a interview he was talking like this may have been his last year at the Masters. He had a lot of worries on his mind this past week. I can tell you one thing from personal experience. You will never meet a nicer and more generous caring man. I gave him a Autism pin that he wore on his hat for the rest of the season a couple of years ago. He also took an interest in my son, and checks up on him every once and a while.

Some of you may have noticed the blue bracelet that he wore during the tournament, and wondered what it was for. Well I will tell you. It was in memory of a child he took an interest a couple of years. His final wish was to play a round of golf with Kenny. Kenny took him to Olde Stone where the Junior Ryder Cup was held this year, and spent some time with him as well.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #44
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Phil and Tiger made it fun! I was pulling for Kenny at the end, but Angel really battled... especially with that shot in the trees.

I love this tournament!!!
I was there, Joe! Tremendous show and emotionally draining for everyone there! The "Roars" are even louder when you're right there. You can definitely tell the difference between a birdie & eagle "Roar"!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #45
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Good story... I hope he comes back... he is certainly able to after this years finish. Sounds like a great guy.
He was obviously visibly upset after losing the 2nd playoff hole, but He does seem to be a great guy!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #46
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
I was there, Joe! Tremendous show and emotionally draining for everyone there! The "Roars" are even louder when you're right there. You can definitely tell the difference between a birdie & eagle "Roar"!
How true!

I was very fortunate to attend at least three rounds every year from 1993 to 2001. Lived there and have some very good - and generous friends. I miss being there, but HD helps!

Glad you got to be there. What a great day!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #47
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
How true!

I was very fortunate to attend at least three rounds every year from 1993 to 2001. Lived there and have some very good - and generous friends. I miss being there, but HD helps!

Glad you got to be there. What a great day!
I've been to several practice rounds, but never the Sunday Round before this weekend. Like you said, there is nothing like being there. Even if you don't like golf, you need to see Augusta at least once in your lifetime!