Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #20
hawaiicoffeenut

Unhappy Re: Costco whole bean coffee thread

BEWARE!!! COSTCOS NEWLY PACKAGED KIRKLAND COFFEE!

Just went to Costco yesterday to buy the "kirkland decaf house blend starbucks roast" and found the packaging has changed. I thought, wow, maybe this is even better than the older packaging decaf. I read everything on the package to see what was different.

Here's the difference.

IT DOESN"T SAY 100% ARABICA beans. Nowhere. I questioned the manager. She's investigating. I bought 5 bags of the "old bags" because it is the best decaf I have found out of all the offerings of decaf coffees around.

I bought the new one and did a taste, look and smell test. The new one is different. Not the same great experience. The new beans are not dark and oily and there is no intensity of flavor and not a good taste either.

What is Costco economizing on? I would pay more to continue to have the same bean. Why did they just do away with it? There must be a good answer. Maybe Costco is being cheated. What gives?

Does anyone know anything about this.

PS: Costco Hawaii doesn't sell all of the different types of coffee that I have read about in your threads. How sad.