Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #61
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: MN Cigar Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEL View Post
Pete, no way you can get Thursday off as its a very rare not only Liga event at the only "authorized" LP B&M in the state (Smokedale by the U of MN and Oakdale plus Hudson has them very cheap and I can get you a 15% discount off $100 or more purchase in Hudson but have them as well but "unauthorized") but Faiben from DE will be there. Rad guy. We are going up at 1400 to camp out a spot for the 1700 start time lol.

Other stuff coming up this summer but I don't want to overstep my bounds by letting word out before the are officially announced. Several B&Ms gave nice summer events coming up.
Yeah I know they are real tough to get into around here. I'd try but as I said, can't go anyway.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #62
mahtofire14

Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Just saw this watching the Twins game tonight. Might be an option if you don't make it into the DE event on Thursday night. And money goes to youth baseball!

Cigars and baseball event to benefit Twin Cities Miracle Leagues. The group lead by Kirk Detlefson has done Cigar Herfs for the past 2 years that have benefitted the South Metro Miracle League at the Farmers Market Annex. This year they are going with one big blowout on June 13th. The Cigars and Baseball event will feature 7 cigar companies, 8 different restaurants food samplings, beer and some featured distilleries, and a Twins ticket all for $95! Get a gang together and come have a great time. http://cigarsbaseball.com/
Old 06-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #63
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Just saw this watching the Twins game tonight. Might be an option if you don't make it into the DE event on Thursday night. And money goes a great cause in the Miracle Baseball League which is a handicap baseball league!

Cigars and baseball event to benefit Twin Cities Miracle Leagues. The group lead by Kirk Detlefson has done Cigar Herfs for the past 2 years that have benefitted the South Metro Miracle League at the Farmers Market Annex. This year they are going with one big blowout on June 13th. The Cigars and Baseball event will feature 7 cigar companies, 8 different restaurants food samplings, beer and some featured distilleries, and a Twins ticket all for $95! Get a gang together and come have a great time. http://cigarsbaseball.com/
Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #64
FUEL
Just 6 days...

First Name: James
Trading: (0)
Partagas
FUEL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
Just saw this watching the Twins game tonight. Might be an option if you don't make it into the DE event on Thursday night. And money goes to youth baseball!

I'm skipping the Viaje event at Fuegos but come hell or high water I will be at the DE event as I only live 6 friggin miles from the place and have a gift awaiting me or so I have been told. Hopefully a coffin with a pair of "A's!"
Old 07-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #65
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Well this isn't an event but I'm pretty pumped about it so I'm posting it anyway.....

After always talking about, and smoking MUWAT's, Undercrowns, and La Duenas while I'm in there, my local shop, Goodfellas is going to bring them in.

I brought Fritz (owner) a sample pack consisting of some of these cigars and it finally sold him. He did some digging and realized he could get each one of these lines except the Liga Privada. DE wanted him to buy more boxes than he would have room for so he didn't order them.

Anyway, I am super excited that I won't have to go to Maple Grove to get some of my favorite cigars anymore!
Old 07-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #66
FUEL
Just 6 days...

Partagas

Quote:
Well this isn't an event but I'm pretty pumped about it so I'm posting it anyway.....

After always talking about, and smoking MUWAT's, Undercrowns, and La Duenas while I'm in there, my local shop, Goodfellas is going to bring them in.

I brought Fritz (owner) a sample pack consisting of some of these cigars and it finally sold him. He did some digging and realized he could get each one of these lines except the Liga Privada. DE wanted him to buy more boxes than he would have room for so he didn't order them.

Anyway, I am super excited that I won't have to go to Maple Grove to get some of my favorite cigars anymore!
Yeah the whole Liga Privada thing is complex. The owner of a particular B&M in the Twin Cities told me Saka explained it to him at TAA.

Don't worry, Liga Privadas will be hitting east of 35E by Q1 2014 ;-)

I'm very surprised however that Goodfellas does not carry Undercrown as that is a pretty common line for DE and although I have not been to Goodfellas most other B&Ms here either carry it or can carry it but chose not to.

A few of us are in the middle of launching a cigar related business that is not a B&M in the TC so I know every owner of nearly every B&M in MN and have usually monthly meetings with the owners about it the venture sans Cigar Jones (I will never step foot in that place again) and most are not very happy with DE at the moment due to the LP issue & process to gain access to LP.

Some have a non-offical provider out west that will be handling some inventory whether in the humi or to the regulars just not for public display.

I still say since you are in St. Paul to hope over the river to Hudson as you are going to save well beyond the gas money spent for the 40 mile round trip to Smokedale. The Oakdale has LPs as well and he gets in some of the more HTF like the Dirty Rat and L40 but will only sell them there vs. Hudson as he can price gouge. And I will be willing to be dollars to doughnuts the prices have not come down due to the tax law like they have at all the other B&Ms. $20 for a LP No.9 or T52 in Maple Grove at $19-$22 or Hudson for $10-$12. Choice is a no brainer for me. When I was in Woodbury I made usually two trips a week over there when the GM Nino would shoot me an eMail telling me what came in. They have a pretty steady supply of No9's, T52s, UF-13s and a bit more limited on the Feral Piggies but those are sold at cost and sticks like the Ashton VSG torpedo are $21 at SoG and $11 at SM. Still saving $8 over TG. Food for thought

Have a great Sunday!

J.

Last edited by FUEL; 07-14-2013 at 08:01 AM.
FUEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #67
mahtofire14

Bolivar

I am pretty loyal to my local shop. The owner is a big cigar guy but honestly doesn't stay up with the newer/off shoots of bigger brands that are drawing large demand. I am slowly getting into a position to help him out with some of his ordering. His biggest problem is he is in a small town and most people don't even know it's there. Hence making it tough to bring in new things because he doesn't have the room. I think he may join this site as well, which would help him keep up with everything. It is a great shop and has the best humidor in the cities (IMO). But I will take a run over to Hudson one of these days. I should have yesterday now that I think about it, since I was golfing there yesterday.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #68
FUEL
Just 6 days...

Partagas

Quote:
I am pretty loyal to my local shop. The owner is a big cigar guy but honestly doesn't stay up with the newer/off shoots of bigger brands that are drawing large demand. I am slowly getting into a position to help him out with some of his ordering. His biggest problem is he is in a small town and most people don't even know it's there. Hence making it tough to bring in new things because he doesn't have the room. I think he may join this site as well, which would help him keep up with everything. It is a great shop and has the best humidor in the cities (IMO). But I will take a run over to Hudson one of these days. I should have yesterday now that I think about it, since I was golfing there yesterday.
I have never been but should stop in and introduce myself as what we are trying to do over the next 5 years would benefit all B&Ms in the TC.

One of the things that is unique to our area is that each B&M has a for lack of a better phrase "market" or "unique" brand to them. Example being BURN is a big Viaje and God of Fire place, TobaccoGrove is Liga Privada and Tat, Perfect Ash is La Flor Dominicana, Stogies on Grand is Padron, Kristoff and the Money Cabnit, Smokedale in Oakdale has the very hard to find Opus X's and some stuff he is not supposed to have. St. Criox Cigar in Hudson has probably the best selection of Illusione and Smokedale Hudson pretty much everything on the higher end of things and has a ton of sticks you wont find elsewhere; but then is a oxymoron in that they have virtually every Gurkah stick imaginable as well as Rocky Patel.

That has been the fun part about research for this venture, getting to know the dynamics and MO for each place.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #69
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Thursday Sept. 19th from 6 00 to 8 00, Goodfellas cigar lounge in Mahtomedi is having their Camacho Smoker. Camacho's rep will be in talking about the new look of Camacho and the changes the company has made. Buy three Camacho cigars and get one free. Also if the weather holds there will be a brat fry as well. Come enjoy the company of other cigar smokers, the 70 inch hi def flat screen and one of the nicest humidors in the twin cities.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #70
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Anybody thinking about heading to the northeast metro for the Camacho event tonight? Weather should hold out and the football game tonight will look awful good on the 70 in flat screen!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #71
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Damn work getting in the way. Have fun, Pete.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #72
mahtofire14

Bolivar

No prob Matt! We'll have to get together for another mini herf soon though!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #73
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Great event last night. Lots of good cigars and info from the Camacho rep. I had been wondering if they would still be making the Corojo Maduro since they have only released the triple maduro. The rep said they are but they are behind on their stock right now, so they will be released soon.

Brats, sauerkraut, beer, scotch, cigars, and a good football game. Also gave away ten nice flex fit Camacho hats, a titanium Xi Xikar, a Xikar triple flame lighter, and 5 2012 Camacho Liberties. Great night.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #74
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Another event coming up this Thursday at 6 PM at Goodfellas Cigar Lounge, just off of Century Ave and 694. The Alec Bradley rep will be in talking about the company and any news about products as well as featuring the Prensado line. Which means everyone gets a free Prensado cigar and also chances to win numerous raffle prizes. As I said the event starts at 6 pm and will go until everyone leaves.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #75
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Where are all the MN BOTLs? Hope I'm not the only one left here. The Alec Bradley event was awesome. Free raffle prizes included: AB ashtray (white with black AB crown), AB Burner desktop lighter, 10 AB hats, 2 AB cigars of your choice, 1 Tempus gift pack, 1 10 cigar sampler with Lotus lighter, and one white AB T-shirt with AB crown on the side. Sweet night, hope some of the BOTL's in the area can come out one of these events. It's only ten minutes north of St. Paul.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #76
mahtofire14

Bolivar

I will be working at Goodfellas this Sunday during the football games if anyone wants to stop by for a mini herf. Might even make chili.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #77
Smoqman
Gimme de Liga!

First Name: Joel
Trading: (1)
Smoqman is on a distinguished road

Gonna try to make it Pete!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #78
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
I will be working at Goodfellas this Sunday during the football games if anyone wants to stop by for a mini herf. Might even make chili.
Shame I'm working and 1000 miles away or I would be game
Old 11-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #79
Smoqman
Gimme de Liga!

First Name: Joel
Trading: (1)
Smoqman is on a distinguished road

This is the place in Mahtomedi, yes?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #80
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Correct.