Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #161
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of
Default Re: Weekly discussion for "Sons of Anarchy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I wonder man. I know things will be ugly, but Jax won't kill Clay and vice versa. It's too early in the show to kill off 2 of the most influential main characters. I think Jax will kill Tig and confront Clay and Clay will act as if Tig acted without his permission, since the only 2 who knew about it were Tig and Clay and with Tig in the ground, whose to question it?

All speculation of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito View Post
I wonder man. I know things will be ugly, but Jax won't kill Clay and vice versa. It's too early in the show to kill off 2 of the most influential main characters. I think Jax will kill Tig and confront Clay and Clay will act as if Tig acted without his permission, since the only 2 who knew about it were Tig and Clay and with Tig in the ground, whose to question it?
now we both are right
Great minds think alike....

So... which is the REAL Darrell? You know, you can get a time-out for one person trying to sign-up using two accounts.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #162
Ron1YY

Here is how I think it will play out.

Tigg and Jax will throw down and HARD.

Clay knows he is in a bad spot. He finds out where the witness is for Bobby.

To keep him self clear of all this, He sends Tigg to do the deed.

Tigg gets it done, but gets smoke checked by the feds as he does this.(Clay stays in the clear).

Opie turns inward and becomes a very dark and violent character. Becomes the Sgt. of Arms for SAMCRO(Ironically, taking over Tigg's place)

Either the end of this season, or beginning of next, Clay makes moves to step down and sit at the table to advise Jax.

From there(If it plays out that way) I can't figure any further.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #163
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1YY View Post
Here is how I think it will play out.

Tigg and Jax will throw down and HARD.

Clay knows he is in a bad spot. He finds out where the witness is for Bobby.

To keep him self clear of all this, He sends Tigg to do the deed.

Tigg gets it done, but gets smoke checked by the feds as he does this.(Clay stays in the clear).

Opie turns inward and becomes a very dark and violent character. Becomes the Sgt. of Arms for SAMCRO(Ironically, taking over Tigg's place)

Either the end of this season, or beginning of next, Clay makes moves to step down and sit at the table to advise Jax.

From there(If it plays out that way) I can't figure any further.
Darrell is right
Old 11-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #164
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

This is going to get nasty and I'm not talking about the dirty with Jax's wife. I'm kind of disappointed with his decision with the ladies, but I believe that is a clear indication of the direction he's going.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #165
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I really hope Jax kills Tig, though I doubt he will.
I really hope not...I think a character like Tig adds to the show, and I would miss him if he was gone.

Maybe that gives you all some insight into my sick, twisted mind.

Glad I finally got around to seeing the new episode last night, it was killing me to not open this thread!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #166
jkorp
~{B'Lieve Hon}~

Trading: (1)
HdM
jkorp has disabled reputation

Killer episode. It was just so well done, from the opening scenes of the SAMCRO world waking, to the end of the show as the sunset.

I don't think Tig will be killed off yet, his character is to valuable to the story. I think Jax and him will hit hard, but in the end both alive. I don't know about Clay stepping down yet. He is driven, and hooked on selling guns. I can't see him handing over the throne yet.

I think Jax very well could kill Clay, especially if he finds out that he was behind Donna's death, and possibly his fathers. You can see the tension between them already, constantly butting heads.

One things for sure, Clay sure screwed the pooch in many ways now. Got double crossed by the Niners and I'm sure the peace with the Mayans is fragile if not gone. The rifts he just created with the Donna incident I think will solidify Jax's intent on taking SAMCRO in another direction.

Going to be good next week and next seasons.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #167
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorp View Post
I think Jax very well could kill Clay, especially if he finds out that he was behind Donna's death, and possibly his fathers.
Umm, I don't think Clay killed Jax's father. Maybe Clay killed the guy that Jax's knew as his father, but not his father. Following me here! In one of the early episodes his mother told Clay, "Jax might be following in the wrong fathers footsteps", when Jax pulled out the journals and started questioning the gun running. That quote might not be verbatim, but darn close.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:58 AM   #168
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Umm, I don't think Clay killed Jax's father. Maybe Clay killed the guy that Jax's knew as his father, but not his father. Following me here! In one of the early episodes his mother told Clay, "Jax might be following in the wrong fathers footsteps", when Jax pulled out the journals and started questioning the gun running. That quote might not be verbatim, but darn close.
I thought she was implying that Clay was also a "father" to Jax.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:59 AM   #169
Mark C
Feeling at Home

Trading: (4)
Mark C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
That's how I took it, though it wouldn't be hard to make a case for the other interpretation.

I agree that episode was particularly well done, kinda reminded me of the last Soprano's episode. Definitely going to be interesting to see where this goes. It's almost like they're getting ready to split the club in half.

But on the other hand, I still don't think the whole 'Opie is a rat' thing was too plausible. If he was the rat, he had more than enough info to lockup the club, and the feds would have had no reason to throw him back onto the streets. Just the fact that he WAS on the streets should have been enough to keep him alive, maybe at most put him in a SAMCRO lockdown of some sort.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:54 AM   #170
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
I betting they had an affair and Clay is the biological father. If Clay actually killed him then that would make a pretty good reason for doing so.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #171
jkorp
~{B'Lieve Hon}~

Trading: (1)
HdM
jkorp has disabled reputation

Quote:

I doubt that Clay is his father. Why keep the secret? I took it as Clay has been the real and only father figure in his life, for most of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I betting they had an affair and Clay is the biological father. If Clay actually killed him then that would make a pretty good reason for doing so.
I think Clay killed Jax's father because he wanted to take the club a different direction, just as Jax does. I'm guessing that what ever went on created a big rift between him and Clay, that did not end well. Clay is a straight up Outlaw, 1% through and through. He doens't even want to consider earning legit.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #172
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorp View Post

I doubt that Clay is his father. Why keep the secret? I took it as Clay has been the real and only father figure in his life, for most of his life.
That is what I was thinking.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #173
Ron1YY

Ok, Here we go!!!!! I'm hoping for better than last night

Old 11-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #174
Darrell

Quote:
x2, brother.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #175
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Well, what did you think?

Old 11-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #176
Ron1YY

Quote:
Well, what did you think?
It was a great ending to the season and left all kinds of posiblities for season 2.

With the seeming knowledge that Clay is going to step down soon, And Jax making a statement to Tigg physically, Season 2 is going to Rock!!!!

Don't want to say too much incase people didn't catch it last night

Old 11-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #177
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Enjoyed last night's episode... and it left me wanting more - as it should. Really not sure how the fight resolved anything... just a message, perhaps? And knowing that THEY know that HE knows ( ) really makes me wonder how they will deal with it.

Will there be a change in leadership? And if so, how can they do it without it becoming bloody? With Bobby "Elvis" knowing the truth - where will his loyalties lie? What will Gemma do?

Piney showed some old-school cojones and I thought that scene at the end with Jax was a nice set-up for next season. This show is my favorite!
Old 11-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #178
Ron1YY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Really not sure how the fight resolved anything... just a message, perhaps?

Piney showed some old-school cojones and I thought that scene at the end with Jax was a nice set-up for next season. This show is my favorite!
I think the message Jax got across was that HE will run the club soon, and that Tigg WILL respect him and his decisions. He also made a point that things CAN be done without killing. As the sign and his father said "Brains before Bullets"

Piney Showed that Old School Bikers and Vets are NOT to be messed with and WILL do what they see as necessary.

Great Show and Great episode!!!! the B!tch part is the long @zz wait until next season

Old 11-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #179
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

the world clay knows is tumbling down.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #180
Ron1YY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito View Post
the world clay knows is tumbling down.
I'd say the world Gemma knows is crumbling. 3 things to point that out.

1. Tara gave Jax his CUT at the funeral and he made a point to show everyone there who he wants to be with Including Gemma.

2. The scene with Gemma and Clay when she told him to be the man they expect, and as he walked away, Gemma said something like "Just like John".

3. The look on her face at the end when they saw Jax with the envelope standing in front of the grave.

Closed Thread