Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #181
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Mets 2013 Banter

Mets have scored damn near NO RUNS for Harvey his past four starts.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #182
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Is this an apology, or a description of the Mets?
Either one works...
Old 05-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #183
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Meta drop two to the Braves yesterday. 3rd worst team in the bigs right now.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #184
76GTFan
Full Blown Section 8

Trading: (9)
RA
76GTFan is on a distinguished road

Braves own the Mets
Old 05-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #185
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets avoid the sweep and beat the Braves 4-2. Scoring three in the bottom of the eight.

Can someone explain to me how Ike Davis is 4 for his last 46 and he is still with the big club?
Old 05-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #186
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Jeez Mac, he went 3-2 with 2 Rbi's and a walk yesterday. Plus he drove in the go ahead runs
Might have been better to bring it up after he went 2-10 with 8 strikeouts Friday and Saturday
Who do you want to play first?
Is Ike Davis the reason, out of the 30 teams, only 2 have a worse record than the Mets?
Granted he isn't helping the situation, but letting him work through this up here, isn't ruining the Mets chances.

Funny thing is, the way Met fans feel about Matt Harvey, that's how they used to feel about Ike Davis.
How the mighty have fallen, and how easily Met fans forget!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #187
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Jeez Mac, he went 3-2 with 2 Rbi's and a walk yesterday. Plus he drove in the go ahead runs
Might have been better to bring it up after he went 2-10 with 8 strikeouts Friday and Saturday
Who do you want to play first?
Is Ike Davis the reason, out of the 30 teams, only 2 have a worse record than the Mets?
Granted he isn't helping the situation, but letting him work through this up here, isn't ruining the Mets chances.

Funny thing is, the way Met fans feel about Matt Harvey, that's how they used to feel about Ike Davis.
How the mighty have fallen, and how easily Met fans forget!
Davis started out horribly last year as well. He didn't start showing signs of improvement until after the All Star break, and then he was on fire. But come on man...4-46????? That's like an .087 batting average!!! Before yesterdays game, Ike was 2-43 with an a$$load of strikeouts. Ike isn't the SOLE reason that we have the third worst record in the majors...that belongs to our pitching staff (minus Harvey), and the outfield (which has been a complete disaster). Besides Murphy and Wright...no one else has hit the ball consistently. For the payroll, we've fielded, at best, a AA ballclub. Mets ownership owes it to the fans to put a better product on the field.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #188
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

On that same note, after Texeira comes back, we'll gladly take Overbay off your hands. And we could use a couple outfielders as well.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:52 AM   #189
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets beat the Yankees last night 2-1.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #190
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Woohoo! Mets took the first game from the Yanks!

Also.....given the sequence of events that lead up to the plunking of Wright last night, I am convinced it was on purpose.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #191
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
Also.....given the sequence of events that lead up to the plunking of Wright last night, I am convinced it was on purpose.
Seriously?
He got hit with a curveball.
What's next, hitting guys with a change up? Or better yet an Eephus pitch?
If I was throwing at a guy, I'd make sure it left a mark!
Then again, we all know what a dick I can be.

Hey Mac, now you can say it.
Ike Davis looked lost last night!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #192
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
0-3 with three strikeouts....typical Ike night. Send his a$$ down to the Las Vegas 51s.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #193
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Quote:
Seriously?
He got hit with a curveball.
What's next, hitting guys with a change up? Or better yet an Eephus pitch?
If I was throwing at a guy, I'd make sure it left a mark!
Then again, we all know what a dick I can be.

Curveball, beach ball or whatever - he was still hit (on purpose )....
Old 05-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #194
BlueDude
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
BlueDude is on a distinguished road

Looking for another spectacular outing from Mr. Harvey.
I hope his teammates back him up with some run production.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:18 AM   #195
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Another win over the Yankees, 2-1...and causing Rivera to blow his first save of the season (and first ever blown save where he didn't get any outs. And a comeback victory.

Harvey looked good last night, except he couldn't get Gardner out at all. Davis continues to look terrible.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #196
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Pitching has been great for both teams both games . . . or the Yankee hitters have caught Citi Fever.

'Grats on two late close wins, Mac. Your guys needed a lift.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #197
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Pitching has been great for both teams both games . . . or the Yankee hitters have caught Citi Fever.

'Grats on two late close wins, Mac. Your guys needed a lift.
I'm placing my money on the Yankees catching "Citi Fever".

And you are absolutely right Thomas...we needed a HUGE lift. Not sure this series will turn our season around...the pitching staff and outfield are still suspect.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #198
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Awesome win last night! Wright came through once again. I love watching the team get all excited when they win. They really need to remember that feeling more often. Too bad Harvey didn't get the run support early on, he deserves to have more than five wins credited to his name.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #199
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Another win over the Yankees, 2-1...and causing Rivera to blow his first save of the season (and first ever blown save where he didn't get any outs. And a comeback victory.

Harvey looked good last night, except he couldn't get Gardner out at all. Davis continues to look terrible.
I saw that Kuroda had 7 innings of 0.00 ERA work, I wondered how that game went. Then I heard Mo got whipped. I need to go look at the box score on this.
That's a big deal for the Mets, probably the highlight of you guy's season, Mac!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #200
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
That's a big deal for the Mets, probably the highlight of you guy's season, Mac!!!
The way things are going for us this year...this was our World Series.