Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-09-2010, 12:32 AM   #21
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tower Cigars......never again!!

Mark and Tower have my vote!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #22
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

This thread can be summed up by this.
http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/pub...9379/df85j.gif
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #23
Skywalker
BABOTL

Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Yes. Yes it can!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:45 AM   #24
mariogolbee

Night Mark. (Or is this Huy?) Either way, thank you for not only providing top notch service, but for being an all around good guy and stand up BOTL.

I have to get up to Tower some day. I've only met Mark in person once. It was at a herf. Before we even shook hands Huy passed me a Viaje Platino Lancero that Mark had brought an entire box of to pass out. That just seems to be his style, a giving BOTL.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #25
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Old 10-09-2010, 01:01 AM   #26
Skywalker
BABOTL

Partagas

bigdix =

Just sayin!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:09 AM   #27
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
bigdix =

Just sayin!!!
OMG!! It all Makes sense now!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #28
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

It seems to me the bad organization of the whole thing is not any retailers fault it sounds like tatuaje's fault. They really need to use their own website for limiteds that way no one else is to blame. Also stop releasing so little....it just pisses everyone off. I mean I get why they do it, BIG $$$$ right when they want it. Many places do this but you know who hates them for it, the customer. I've got my name on this list and I'm sure I'll be disappointed......But then and again there's always other cigar brands that'll get my $$$ instead.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:54 AM   #29
bigdix
Cigarmurai

First Name: Dan
Trading: (1)
Trinidad AirForce (Active)
bigdix will become famous soon enough

So let's re-cap.
1. We have an angry guy first thing in the morning receiving a less than stellar e-mail.
2. Same angry guy vents a bit on a forum.
3. "You're on the list" is pretty vague. My mistake.
4. The reply e-mail I received from Tower is more than satisfactory, and I'm over it.

That's about it, right?

For Mark...thanks for your timely reply, and I apologize for my very hasty "f*ck you" e-mail. In the future, though...perhaps include a little "on the list" doesn't mean "on the list to BUY".

Apologies all.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:01 AM   #30
bigdix
Cigarmurai

And for the record, I do feel like a sh*thead.....I sincerely apologize!
Old 10-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #31
smelvis
Not part of the Clique

Trading: (16)
smelvis has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdix View Post
And for the record, I do feel like a sh*thead.....I sincerely apologize!
Dan
It's over and I could tell you some stories I did that would make this seem like nothing.

Now to important stuff! Thank You for Your Service bro and don't give it another thought.

Stay Safe out there!

Dave
smelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:44 AM   #32
JHinc
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Joep
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
JHinc is on a distinguished road

Takes a man to admit when he was wrong and do it publicly!
Good to see that.

As for Mark, even i know he is a good man and im from the Netherlands. I just have to nudge him every now and then to get my stuff cause the man is busy.

*nudges for his smokes.
JHinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:21 AM   #33
Homebrewer
Love'm Tatuaje

Trading: (9)
Homebrewer is on a distinguished road

Mark runs a great shop. I live in Sac and have been shopping there for years and I can tell you he is a 100% stand-up/nice guy. I tell you all to support Tower Cigars and buy from there website!
Homebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:10 AM   #34
mcmoyer
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Michael
Trading: (25)
Navy (Served With Honor)
mcmoyer is on a distinguished road

Good on ya Dan. Thanks for your service!

Keep up the great work Mark!!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:22 AM   #35
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarr View Post
I would interpret being put on a list as just that. It doesn't necessarily mean you are on the top of the list to get one.
I agree. Maybe your perception was that you were on the list and that being on the list promised that you would get a box. if they put 100 people on "the list" but only get 20 boxes then 80 people will not get them... but if two back out then numbers 21 and 22 now get a box... That's what I would assume they were doing.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #36
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I know I am beating a dead horse at this point but I have dealt with Mark at Tower and service has always been top notch. I called him when the list came out and he asked me to send an e-mail but when speaking to him on the phone he made me well aware that he may not get enough to help me out because his list was already long. I knew it was a long shot but not by any means would I ever tell him I won't buy from him again because of it. He's a great retailer and I would only be hurting myself by holding him accountable for not having received a 100 boxes of the Face.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #37
bigdix
Cigarmurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I know I am beating a dead horse at this point but I have dealt with Mark at Tower and service has always been top notch. I called him when the list came out and he asked me to send an e-mail but when speaking to him on the phone he made me well aware that he may not get enough to help me out because his list was already long. I knew it was a long shot but not by any means would I ever tell him I won't buy from him again because of it. He's a great retailer and I would only be hurting myself by holding him accountable for not having received a 100 boxes of the Face.
In no way are you beating a dead horse here, brother. It just helps to get the point across. I was having a shitty morning and decided to take it out on an unsuspecting fellow. Apparently my dickish-ness knows no bounds. It's given me a little perspective and we all need a little humbling from time to time. Thanks to all of you for your backing up Mark over at Tower, and for pointing out my fault. Another reason this place is great....when you f*ck up....you get set straight.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:27 AM   #38
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

I suppose its all how you interpret it. It isn't the retailers fault at all, but I would interpret being on the list the same way that Dan did.

This looks like its over now tho lol.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #39
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdix View Post
In no way are you beating a dead horse here, brother. It just helps to get the point across. I was having a shitty morning and decided to take it out on an unsuspecting fellow. Apparently my dickish-ness knows no bounds. It's given me a little perspective and we all need a little humbling from time to time. Thanks to all of you for your backing up Mark over at Tower, and for pointing out my fault. Another reason this place is great....when you f*ck up....you get set straight.
Don't worry I suffer from that same problem at times where I am in a shiz mood and a totally unsuspecting and innocent party takes the brunt of my A-holeness. I also missed your post where you realized you screwed up.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #40
ckay
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
ckay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
It seems to me the bad organization of the whole thing is not any retailers fault it sounds like tatuaje's fault. They really need to use their own website for limiteds that way no one else is to blame. Also stop releasing so little....it just pisses everyone off. I mean I get why they do it, BIG $$$$ right when they want it. Many places do this but you know who hates them for it, the customer. I've got my name on this list and I'm sure I'll be disappointed......But then and again there's always other cigar brands that'll get my $$$ instead.
We've always been a world of haves and have nots. Nobody is to fault here. It is the name of the game with any collectibles world. And yes, I am calling the Monster releases collectibles.
ckay is offline   Reply With Quote