Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default UPS Rant......

Does anyone here ship anything UPS and if so why? I have someone sending me something that I bought (not here or cigars) USPS could have it here possibly Sat. but Mon. for sure, UPS is Wed. WTF!

Ranting, sorry
Old 08-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: UPS Rant......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Does anyone here ship anything UPS and if so why? I have someone sending me something that I bought (not here or cigars) USPS could have it here possibly Sat. but Mon. for sure, UPS is Wed. WTF!

Ranting, sorry
Never Had A Problem With Either, Mike. Maybe I'm Just Lucky, There?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

Those unmarked boxes make deliveries hard.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Never Had A Problem With Either, Mike. Maybe I'm Just Lucky, There?
Not really a problem, just a lot slower than USPS.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not really a problem, just a lot slower than USPS.
Sometimes The Shipper "Says" UPS. Starts Out UPS Then Switches To USPS. Cheaper, But Takes Forever!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Sometimes The Shipper "Says" UPS. Starts Out UPS Then Switches To USPS. Cheaper, But Takes Forever!
I just looked it up, $22 to send UPS to get here on Wednesday, $11 to send USPS to be here Saturday or Monday...I guess I don't understand why someone would use UPS to ship small items.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #7
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

What sort of small item? If it is, say, liquid or "hazardous" in some way USPS is supposed to refuse acceptance.

Just sayin'.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #8
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
What sort of small item? If it is, say, liquid or "hazardous" in some way USPS is supposed to refuse acceptance.

Just sayin'.
Nope, not at all.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Some people have work accounts with UPS, some have more convienent pick up, and some just prefer UPS. Me, I use USPS exclusively.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #10
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Some people have work accounts with UPS, some have more convienent pick up, and some just prefer UPS. Me, I use USPS exclusively.
I think this is the case.....I am just impatient I guess.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #11
Conch Republican
10-78

Trading: (60)
HUpmann
Conch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ya think?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #12
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well I am old enough to remember times before UPS and Express Mail, when Parcel Post (which adjusted cost in real terms was more expensive) would take weeks. I don't baitch about three-day delivery.

True story. I once worked at a place that shipped out stuff UPS, and my job was taking internet and phone orders, processing, and dealing with customer service. One morning a customer placed a web order, and that afternoon called up screaming that she had not yet received delivery . . . of her yoga meditation pillow.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #13
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conch Republican View Post
Ya think?
I need compassion, not mockery......ass!!
Old 08-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #14
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I need compassion, not mockery......ass!!
I prefer the mockery!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #15
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
I prefer the mockery!!!
Maybe i'll send something to you via UPS
Old 08-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #16
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

UPS seems to have changed their delivery model to attempt to ship premium delivery times and artificially slows the cheapest rate to attempt to get you to upgrade for a faster delivery.

IMHO USPS is better for cheap and fast
Weelok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #17
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post

IMHO USPS is better for cheap and fast
Exactly!
Old 08-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #18
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Cheap and fast, eh? Got her number?
Old 08-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #19
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

All shippers have issues. I had a USPS package leave the east coast, arrive in Kansas City (where I live), then shipped to Washington, south to Kentucky, back to the shippers state and finally back to KC. Nothing sucks more then waiting on a package you are excited about.

Recently I had a box coming and didn't know they shipped with a signature required. USPS leaves a note card but it says I have to wait 2 weekdays to pick it up. WTF? I live in a small town and drove around the neighborhood and found the USPS truck. Go figure 2 streets over in a small town and it is a different driver and route. This driver tells me all pacakges have to go back to a main post office before they will be dropped back at the local office.

UPS on the other hand is on my street the same time every day. USPS is always cheaper and faster though.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:21 PM   #20
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Pro's and con's to both I guess, just wish it was faster.