Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #21
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Got Scammed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Your credit union is full of sh*t, Brother....compete crap. I would be at a new bank yesterday.

Yep.

I'm normally pretty good at checking out companies before I order online - but last year got taken when I ordered a book online. Never got the book but did get 3 charges for different amounts from the same company.

One call was all it took to my bank (BB&T). They immediately credited my account and then mailed me a few forms to fill out, which I did.

So yeah - I agree with the others - time for a new credit union.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #22
treatneggy
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kurt
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
treatneggy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Went and checked my account just now as well!

Googling this, it seems like the Mortgage Company, CENLAR is a common denominator in several peoples complaints about these dudes taking money from accounts.
I saw Everhome implicated in this also. This is my mortgage company, and I've been paying them online for almost 2 years now. The common link seems to be tha payment processing center - they all seem to use the same clearinghouse for their ACH transfers.

Might have to go back to mailing the check in. Doesn't stop them, but makes it tougher since they have to actually handle the check to get the numbers.

If I get some time tomorrow, I'll try a different branch and see if I get better service from a different teller.
treatneggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #23
Goldie
Bring the pain!

First Name: Drew
Trading: (13)
Bolivar
Goldie has a spectacular aura aboutGoldie has a spectacular aura about

I got online a few years ago to check my account balance and saw I had almost $300 missing, which had been spent in Beijing, the same day I used my card at the grocery store.

I gave my bank **** because they obviously saw I used my card in the US, and then four hours later I used it in Beijing. WTH? Must have been an insanely fast flight. They reimbursed me, and ate the $300, but it's a stupid mistake on their part.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #24
d'am
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
Bolivar
d'am is on a distinguished road

Be careful if you decide to close your account. If someone tries to hit your closed account with an ACH, some banks will actually re-open the old account and slap you with overdraft fees for a negative balance.

If you decide to close your account, make sure that the bank/cu agrees that it won't honor any transactions drawn against it.
d'am is offline   Reply With Quote