Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 11-18-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
HdM Army (Disabled Vet)
BloodSpite is on a distinguished road
Default Whiskey River

I know folks like a vast variety of different forms of whiskey and frankly there's just too many to stick in their individual thread. Irish Whiskey, Rye Whiskey, potstill whiskey, English Whiskey, Scottish Whiskey the list just goes on and on and on, aye? Uisce beatha has a long distinction and lot of off shoots.

Figured I'd throw up a thread for folks to share their insights on whiskey's they like, have had, tried or otherwise.

My personal favorite is Green Spot.
It's next to impossible to get stateside, fortunately I have family in Armagh and Dublin so they hook me up at Christmas!

It's a potstill Irish whiskey that has been around for almost 100 years (no one is sure precisely when it started being sold).

It's a 7 and 8 year old blend, sherry cask aged it has a slight whiff of menthol and is very sweet.It finished slightly spicy and dry.
BloodSpite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
tx_tuff

Default Re: Whiskey River

Bourbon for me and my 2 favorites for the money right now are two 10 yr single barrel ones. Eagle Rare 10 yr and Russell Reserve 10 yr. The Eagle Rare is ultra smooth to me and the Russell is a flavor bomb!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Single Malt for me. I just picked up a bottle of Glenrothes 1991 Vintage. Will be trying it tomorrow night. Have heard allot of good things about it. Will post taste results.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
Ferrari5180 is on a distinguished road

Picked me up a bottle of Old Pulteney 12 and Talisker 10 tonight. In case you were wondering, I prefer single malt scotches.
Ferrari5180 is offline   Reply With Quote