Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 10-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough
Default Beers of the West Indies

I recently traveled down there and had the opportunity to try several beers I have never had before.

The first was a Guinness Foreign Extra. I know there is a thread about this beer. And I know that it was recently released in the US but I haven't yet to see it here and I felt like it was a cool experience getting to try this beer in the area of the world where it has been so popular for so long.

Second was Amstel Bright. This too is a Carribbean regional beer. I only had time to snag a quick one of these while in St. Maarten but it was Delicious! It was a clear golden color and served ice cold... I would say it could hang with the best island style beers out there. REFRESHING

The third beer I had plenty of... and honestly at first I thought I was impressed... and the more I had of it... the more I decided I was an idiot and that I actually hated this beer. It's a beer from Antigua called Wadadli. Another island style beer. It was interesting at first because it was new and I didn't know any better... I would be interested to know if anyone else has had this beer and if so what they thought.

The last beer I didn't actually try but I set eyes on it and thought I would put a feeler out there. It's called Desperados or Desperado (can't remember if it was singular or plural) It was in a really plain looking clear bottle with orange or red writing of the name. Any info on this one?
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
Lumpold
Hippy Fascist

First Name: Lumpy
Trading: (3)
Cuaba
Lumpold has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beers of the West Indies

Desperado is a beer with tequila (flavourings?), it's not too shabby, but just buy a decent lager and stick a couple of shots of tequila in it! It has a bit of a cult following in the UK due to it being slightly higher ABV% than the standard 4% swill we get over here... I think it rocks in at about 5.5%-6%.

TAMF,PPAB,ETWWWUTL,LITMPTYCL
Lumpold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Martel

Default Re: Beers of the West Indies

Dragon Stout from Jamaica rocks. I expected just imitation Guinness, but it's not. Agree on the Amstel Bright.

Cheers,
G