Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Aldebaran

Default La Aurora 2nds #4

First review and also the first cigar after my humidor and cigars were lost after I moved.

Size: 5.2" x 43
Dominican
Smoke time: 45 minutes

Upon first look you are treated to an ugly beat up wrapper, but then I remembered this is a Cameroon wrapper and I've never seen one that looked great not even my beloved Hemingway. It was muddled and have two huge veins, one on the foot and the other near the cap.

The dry draws were pretty sweet and I could swear I was smelling some cookies being made as all I got was brown sugar.

Well when I lit it up I got the confectionery equivalent of a DPG cigar: the brown sugar blast. I was thinking this is going to be a good cigar but this only lasted the first few puffs. It died down to a less sweet version of the brown sugar bomb and some earthy flavor popped in with a very plain tobacco taste.

At the halfway point I was sitting around and was slightly bored with the cigar so I decided to take my dog on a walk.

Moving around must have made me enjoy this thing a lot more as I was able to enjoy the simple trio of flavors offered, they mellowed out a bit more near the last third and it was just an enjoyable smoke. I figure the initial overpowering taste was that I just smoked these ROTT and in a month or so they should mellow out a bit as they chill in that wooden box I call a humidor.

Overall? It's worth it, i'd pick up some more of these things considering they are $18 for 15 and adjusting price for enjoyment it's a 3.5/5 or a great cheap-o
Old 02-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: La Aurora 2nds #4

Nice review! But, 2 demerits for losing your cigars. You lost your cigars ??!!??
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
Aldebaran

Default Re: La Aurora 2nds #4

Whenever I have moved I've always lost something this time it actually mattered. I accept them demerits.