Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-29-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Wotje brazil

Wotjes is a brand especially made for tobacconist W. Otten in Maastricht, a beautiful city in the south of The Netherlands and I heard a lot about those cigars that is a robusto size, which is an unusual vitola for a dry cigar and they are made with 5 different wrappers. Java, Sumatra, Brazil, Manila and Havana. They are sold in dress boxes of 25 and in samplers of 10, with 2 of each wrapper. I had to go to Maastricht for work last week and decided to treat myself to a sampler. This is the review of the Brazil wrapper.

The wrapper is dark, rough and has a lot of veins. The size of this robusto shaped dry cigar is 4.5 inch with a 46 ring. The predraw is fine and the aroma reminds me of hay & straw combined with a damp horse. The flavor is the famous Brazilian sweetness, something I don’t like. I am not a fan of Brazilian tobacco anyway. The structure of the smoke is warm and the flavor I can taste is musty hay. At the end the cigar becomes a bit spicy. The cigar produces more than enough smoke and the ash is white.

Would I buy this cigar again? A simple NO is the only answer to this, but lovers of dry cigars or Brazilian tobacco might like this cigar a lot

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 5 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 5 / 10
Aroma (last part) 5 / 10
Old 07-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wotje brazil

Thanks for the review Ferdie. What is a "dry" cigar?

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wotje brazil

that is a shortfiller that doesn't need to be stored in a humidor. Those cigars are very popular in Holland, part of our culture. Usually they are made out of a melange with mostly Indonesian tobacco, as Indonesia used to be our colony and they grew tobacco. Here is some information about Dutch/Dry cigars CLICK