Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #1
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Winston Churchill Marrekesh

Ok, the Dutch laid a beat down on me here so I wanted to give one of their hit a try. Way to many awesome sticks to pick from, but after chatting with Serts in the chat room, I went for the Winston Churchill Marrekesh.

Specs:

The Winston Churchill is the only brand with full Cuban seed tobacco produced by Davidoff. The filler is a blend of Dominican Republic, Peruvian, and Nicaraguan tobaccos, finished with an Ecuadoran sun-grown wrapper.

This is a cigar the B&M has been wanting me to try. The wrapper was nice was a beautiful medium brown with just a hint of viens. Clipped with the trusty Palio and lit with my new USN Zippo with Z-Blaze insert (another smack from the Dutch). The burn was razor sharp, it never even thought about getting out of line. I even took a small break, killed a BLT, picked it up, and it was still hot enough to get going again.

It was paired with a EW 10 yr old Single Barrell and a glass of water. This was a very mild cigar with light to med flavors. Normally I would have thought the bourbon to be over powering but the cigar had a smokyness that matched the bourbon. The water kept the bourbon from over powering the cigar. As I just noted the flavors were smoky, a light sweetness, and a small amount of creaminess (not much though). Almost no noticible nic and no harshness at all. This cigar reminded me alot of a Montecristo White Rothschild, very nice morning cigar. Definitly worth a try if you looking for something new in light and mild.

I happen to know that this one came from Sander, thank you again very much, excellant cigar.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Winston Churchill Marrekesh

Thanks for the review. I was gifted one of these and have been meaning to try it. Now, for some warm weather
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
papajohn67
Reprobate From The 101st

Trading: (62)
papajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nice

Spot on, I love the WC's.
papajohn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Winston Churchill is a great smoke!!!

Thanks for the review!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
litedave
Just in from the Storm

First Name: David
Trading: (0)
litedave is on a distinguished road

I bought a couple of these back in December and I'm going to age them for a year or so. Anything from Davidoff is usually very good.
Very excellant review. Thanks!

David
litedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Serts

No thanks Mike it is nice to see you smile